Erratic Burning

Up until about 2 months ago, I could burn CD’s without any problem. Then, things got erratic. When starting to burn a music CD, sometimes everything would work well. At other times, the harddrive light would come on, and Nero would hold at 4% trying to write the lead-in for as long as 4-6 minutes before the writing continued normally. When I burn several copies, the first 2 may go well, the next one would have the hold, and the fourth one would burn OK.

There are no problems when reading CD’s.

I’ve checked for viruses, adware, spyware, etc. - the system is clean. The harddrive are all in good shape and defragged.

Now the details:

Burner LiteOn - LTR-32123s w/fw XS0Z
Burner is master on secondary IDE
Software Nero 5.10.56
OS WinXP Pro.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate it greatly.

Thanks;

Stan

Does this happen with any other burning software?

reinstall nero , also check for updates

Thanks for your questions.

To $CyBeRwIz$:

Nero is the only burning software I use. I’m not pointing the finger at Nero because it has worked without problems for many years. Only in the past couple of months has this problem come up.

To wintron:

I upgraded to version 5.10.56 just a few days ago in order to see if that were the problem. However, I’ll take your suggestion to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Nero.

I’ve run Adaptec’s ASPIchk and that’s OK. Maybe I should change to the Nero ASPI???

Thanks;

Stan

See if it happens with this free trial of CloneCD. That might pinpoint it a bit more.