Erasing dvd+rw after copying movie

vbimport

I am sorry if others have asked this question before, i searched through 14 pages after running a search for ‘erase’ and i only saw 1 or 2 questions about this problem and none really answered or solved my problem. so here goes.
I recently purchased a HP 300i DVD burner. I have successfully copied the movie ‘IDENTITY’ and as i was testing out CloneDVD, with AnyDvd, this was my first attempt, i thought I would use a rewrittable dvd so that I could test it several times. It worked but I am now unable to erase the disk.
I have clonecd 4 and I tried using that to erase it with no luck, also Win. Xp Pro will not allow me to format or erase the disk. Does the movie put some sort of lock on the disk to keep it from being erased or does the program do this? My specs.
Soyo K7 dragon+ 266 mobo, 1700+ AMD, XP Pro w/all updates, 512 ram, ATI 7500, 120Gb WD, LG 52x24x52 cd burner, Hp 300i dvd burner.
I read that +rw doesn’t ‘erase’ the disk but supports “overwriting”, but I don’t understand that at all. Please someone help me understand how to erase my +rw disk.
I have never used Nero, only CloneCd and EZCD 5, is there any way to erase the disk with another program? Please help and thanks in advance!:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Also the disk is a maxell disk, my local stores only stock Maxell and memorex +r/rw disks, are these good disks to use?

I have had the same problem, which only a reboot will fix. In fact, the drive has hung/froze necessitating a reboot, to boot, so to speak.

I put it down expecting too much of the software/hardware, so I just do one thing at a time, get it going, do the next and so on. My discs were Sony as well as Verbatim.

Originally posted by temp_tress
Also the disk is a maxell disk, my local stores only stock Maxell and memorex +r/rw disks, are these good disks to use?

You can use Nero to erase the disc. CloneCD can’t erase +RW.
CloneDVD will automatically erase it if necessaryvas soon as you try to write a new movie on it, CloneDVD has not a “stand alone erase function”. I consider it useless, as any aplication which wants to write on the disc should be able to erase it.

The freeware DVDinfo utility will erase a DVD you can get it HERE

>CloneCD can’t erase +RW

Hmm, I knew that, I thought it was his typo.

It’s CloneCD temp_tress

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]>CloneCD can’t erase +RW

Hmm, I knew that, I thought it was his typo.

It’s CloneCD temp_tress [/B]

The funny thing is - CloneCD can erase DVD-RW

OK - hand me a gun

OK, now hand me a mop and bucket

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: