Erasing DVD problem

I have Taiyo Yuden DVD+R/RW blanks and am attempting to erase one of these discs for the first time so I open Nero Ultra6, choose the Erase Disc button, place the DVD in the drive and close it then choose the recorder and either Quick-erase or Full-erase options but the Erase button is shaded out so I can’t erase, any ideas/fixes please?

I suggest you to use Imgburn to erase rewritables.

Anyway, only RW media (+ or -) can be erased; R media (both + or -) can’t be erased

I was under the impression that Taiyo Yuden does not make RW blanks :confused:

Well, I can only vouch for mine which clearly reads DVD+R/RW. Thanks for the link to Imgburn, I am trying it right now.

Don’t know what the heck is going on here? In Imgburn, it says the disc is not erasable, also reads Status-complete?

As I said, only rewritable media ([B]RW[/B]) can be erased. Regular media ([B]R[/B]) can’t be erased, but only burned.

Probably you are trying to erase a +R media

Most probably your media is a +R and not a +RW. Why don’t you just try burning on it without worrying about the Erase part? Can you let us know the MID of the blank disc?

I bought these particular DVD’s mainly because it was supposed to have been re-writeables and it say RW on the label, I am looking at it rgiht now, what’s the MID you’re referring to please so I can check, where can I see this info?

To retrieve media ID you can use cd-dvd speed.

Select the tab “Disc info” and see what it says near the word “[B]MID[/B]”

Sorry, due to server problems I can’t post a pic to explain better :frowning:

FWIW, I have a spindle of Verbatim +Rs and they have a RW logo on them but it doesn’t stand for ReWriteable. Maybe that’s the confusion.

They don’t

You’re right. I’ve seen +R media with the “RW” logo as well. Needless to say, it’s very misleading.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Agreed. You learn a lot in the Blank Media forum. :wink:

So basically, if it’s a genuine TY disc, you won’t be able to erase it. Unless they (TY) started making DVD-/+RWs while the folk in Blank Media weren’t looking :bigsmile:

They were spending too much time in the Living Room :bigsmile: :wink:

LMAO!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hahahahaha :bigsmile:

You can learn alot on a street corner too :bigsmile:

I’m not touching that one :disagree: :bigsmile:

LOL

R/W is something they never got right. I got a few more and when the are gone R/W will be history here. The CD’s work fine… The DVD’s forget it