Erasing BD-RE's

I wanted to know if any one has run into problems writing to BD-RE’s? I just started using the DVDFab Version 6.0.03 (Beta). DVDFab is not able to overwrite on a BD-RE with data on it. I have to erase the data first using Nero burning ROM and then use DVDFab. I usually use Nero burning ROM to author Blu-rays, and it has no problems writing to BD-RE’s with data on it, but I wanted to try out DVDFab since its now starting to support Blu-rays.

Erase with ImgBurn.

I was hoping DVDFab 6.x would be able to erase it on its own just like Nero’s Burning ROM. I do use DVDFab. Its probably the best all round ripper for disc based movies. I just want it to be ONE program of choice I use to rip and burn WITHOUT using a second program. Nero’s burning ROM could do it so I don’t see why DVDFab couldn’t do it too…eventually.

[QUOTE=enigma63941;2276786]I was hoping DVDFab 6.x would be able to erase it on its own just like Nero’s Burning ROM. I do use DVDFab. Its probably the best all round ripper for disc based movies. I just want it to be ONE program of choice I use to rip and burn WITHOUT using a second program. Nero’s burning ROM could do it so I don’t see why DVDFab couldn’t do it too…eventually.[/QUOTE]

The problem isn’t DVDFab, it’s the VSO burning engine. Because of that fact alone, as it is now, you’re not using just one program.

Imgburn is better (IMHO) than Nero or VSO, and can be partially integrated into Fab almost as well as the VSO engine has, and will give you consistenly better results, especially with dual layer DVDs (I can’t comment on BR, as I don’t currently own a drive, player, or any discs to test).

And Imgburn is [B]F R E E[/B] ! !

OC

:iagree: