Erase dvd?

vbimport

how can i erase my dvd, i tried to burn a movie and it messed up. now only like half the movie plays

If the disc happens to be a DVD RW and not just a plain old blank dvd, you can use your burning program to format/erase the disc. In ImgBurn (a free burning program we recommend highly) you load the disc, hit any of the options, like Write Files/Folders to Disc, then click on Tools–>Drive–>Erase Disc–>Quick.

If your dvd is just a regular blank dvd-r, then it cannot be erased.

[QUOTE=izreal408;2639133]how can i erase my dvd, i tried to burn a movie and it messed up. now only like half the movie plays[/QUOTE]

Hi izreal408 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

As Kerry says you can only erase it if it’s a rewritable disc (DVD-RW). If it’s a DVD-R or DVD+R then unfortunately it can’t be erased.

[B]Wombler[/B]

thanks

Even a DVD±R can be made unusable depending on the drive, but because of the WORM technology you cannot “erase” the already burned data.

I find Verbatim DVD-R media to be least trouble for movie. If you have DVD+R you can perhaps bit set to DVD-R for compatibility.

Write disc as final, no other writing to it allowed, no multi-session.

IMGBURN may work well for burning of ISO to media properly (free) or Nero with right settings should be good too. Built in burning for Windows 7 can be troublesome for such thing and can be confusing with different writing modes.

[QUOTE=SubZero;2639515]I find Verbatim DVD-R media to be least trouble for movie. [B] If you have DVD+R you can perhaps bit set to DVD-R for compatibility.[/B]

Write disc as final, no other writing to it allowed, no multi-session.

IMGBURN may work well for burning of ISO to media properly (free) or Nero with right settings should be good too. Built in burning for Windows 7 can be troublesome for such thing and can be confusing with different writing modes.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you can only set to DVD-ROM booktype!

[QUOTE=chef;2639870]Nope, you can only set to DVD-ROM booktype![/QUOTE]

My pardon. That is what I had intended to say but it did not come out of my brain into my fingers and onto the keyboard properly. Thank you for correcting.