Epson Stylus Photo RX580 Ink

vbimport

I am currently using compatible cartridges for my Epson Stylus Photo RX580 printer. The compatible ink does not print a good red. It is more brown than red. These are from ABC Ink. Has anybody tried these with better results?

I get all of my ink from www.private.abacus24-7.com The quality is perfect. Mag. looks like mag. not brown. Give them a try.

Thanks for the response. They don’t have the RX 580 in stock.

try this
http://www.meritline.com/epson-stylus-rx580-printer-inkjet-cartridges.html

Thanks zaq,

I ordered from them. Hopefully they will be better than the ones I have now from ABC Ink.

V
hope it works out for you
Until you try the ink yourself, you cannot know what it is like
Later

I use JETTEC inks for my EPSON R200/300, from all those I tried, those are virtually the same as original inks - I’ve tried other pathetic excuses for ink including Q-ink and was disappointed too…

So you’re getting brown out of red ink ? I guess ABC stands for A Bad Color / A Bad Choice / A Brown Colour :smiley:

for my r300
the meritline ridisk work great
and cost about $1.15 per color when on sale
stocked up on the 48 pack a while back and am set till the print head blows
but I have heard good about Jettec inks also

lol - Actually your heads will outlast your printer - Those printers have absorbing waste pads at the back of the printer, with cleaning cycles, they fill up and get soaked, after a certain amount of prints your printer will stop working and need service to replace those pads… I use the jettec inks and have never had any problems, and it didn’t take long before my EPSON R200 required servicing the pads, so I applied a mod and directed the tube outside the printer in a container for the ink to flow in - If your model of printer has a trap door with a screw at the back try opening and look for a tube inside… :slight_smile:

greg
am very interested to know about the position of those pads
can you post a pic or a link regarding that?
Thanks
zaq

check this out
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=51595&forum_id=40&page=1
and this
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
links to a prog that can help with some printer firmware settings

Yep, $1.00 worth of tubing, a brass coupler and one old jar laying around the house; one you can drill a small hole to fit the tubing into and you have the perfect ink waste system and a much cleaner printer interior.

Actually you don’t need tubing - it cost me nothing. - What I did was open the trap door after unscrewing the screw at the bottom - It can be tricky, and BE ADVISED that I tried this on an R200 and I cannot garantee this will work with other printers DO NOT attempt this if you are not comfortable. You have to be extremely careful not to pull out too hard the inner tube, as it is fitted to a pump on the other end and is not held tightly, so it is very easy to pull it out of its place, result, ink will be pumped all over the insides of your printer and its electrical components so unless you want a major mess and possible fire hazards be careful :smiley: When you remove that door on your R200 use a flashlight and look down, you will see a path going from the pump downwards towards you and going to the right (assuming you are facing the back of the printer) The tube is inside that tunnel and is held in place by a foam like thing at the end of the path, the foam is placed ONTOP of the end of the tube to keep it in place and the waste pads are further to the right- they are series of pads - the first one gets wet first, then when it “leaks” to other pads. What I did was remove that small piece of foam holding the tube down and using a hanger or modified paper clip GENTLY lifting the tube - Prior to that you can drill a hole on the door and pass the tube outside - DO NOT pull it - The tube WILL extend maybe 2 to 2.5 inch out. I use a small empty pill bottle (you can get those at the drug store), I made a hole on the lid (LARGER than the tube to allow air to escape, and gently inserted the tube so it curves down inside the pill bottle - I then hold the bottle in place with those tiny velcro stickers to the base of the printer - so the tube barely comes out and curves in the bottle, whenever bottle gets full I gently remove tube and velcro and empty the bottle. Now the reason I use a tiny bottle is because I don’t use that many clean cycles, and when the printer goes into a self cleaning cycle every few days of idle activity, it uses only a small amount of ink. That small bottle will take easily 2 to 3 medium cleaning cycles and maybe 1 to 2 large cleaning cycles and about a dozen so small cycles. A lot of people screw up and pull on the tube - keep in mind you are VOIDING your waranty. You will need a program to reset the waste ink pad counter. I use EPSON’s service utility (it is available only to technicians) So you will have to use the SSC utility (FREE) j ust google EPSON SERVICE.

If you are not comfortable with the tube as stated above you can use a coupler and a tube extension but make sure that the container your tube goes into has an air vent, you can either drill the hole larger where the tube goes in OR another tiny hole for te air vent.

greg
what about resetting the printer firmware so that when it hit 1 zillion drops of wasted ink the printer doesn’t turn off and start asking for a trip to epson repair???

You are not resetting the firmware, the printer has an EEPROM, you are simply clearing the waste ink pad counter to 0. The counter is an estimate and is in theory, programmed to stop you from printing before all your pads get soaked and ink overflows outside - But in some cases ink evaporates, so it’s not uncommon for the pads to still be in good shape. Once the counter reaches a certain level you will know it, you will see 2 red blinking lights and a message that you have to get your printer serviced. Once you get that and RESET the value you can start printing again, but NEVER do this without either changing the pads or directing the ink tube outside the printer to a container. Most people would never need to worry about this counter, it does NOT calculate according to ink drops printed, but ink WASTED (during clean cycles). For most uses, this will last a very long time, sometimes years…But for people who often use cleaning cycles, especially the medium and large cycles, the pads will get used up pretty fast. Mine was used up within a 6 months period because I had troubles prior to getting the new compatible cartridges :smiley:

greg
thanks for the info
I gather you used that sscserve.exe software to reset the eprom??

Ok, i have an epson rx580 and im’ getting the message on parts reaching the end of their service life, i’ve read above about resetting the counter with a utility program, the only one’s ive found on the net are not for the epson rx580, and ideas on where to get one for this printer

[QUOTE=greg42;1691138]I use JETTEC inks for my EPSON R200/300, from all those I tried, those are virtually the same as original inks - I’ve tried other pathetic excuses for ink including Q-ink and was disappointed too…

So you’re getting brown out of red ink ? I guess ABC stands for A Bad Color / A Bad Choice / A Brown Colour :D[/QUOTE]

Where can you get them. I use G&G and seems like the ink levels last a lot shorter than the the epson original inks.

[quote=fairplay;2030110]Where can you get them. I use G&G and seems like the ink levels last a lot shorter than the the epson original inks.[/quote]JetTec is a UK company. I think they also sell in Australia, but I can’t find a US source.

I’ve found G&G inks not to last quite as long as well, but they’re usually so much cheaper that it isn’t a big problem. :disagree:

Epson RX580 ''Service Required" I tryed to SSC Service Utility to reset, but not on the list. What to do?

[quote=vmor123;2257198]Epson RX580 ''Service Required" I tryed to SSC Service Utility to reset, but not on the list. What to do?[/quote]A little O.T. on an old thread but what the heck…

If you live in the USA Epson offers an official reset utility, but I have no Idea if they support your model.

If you do find a way to reset the “Service Required” warning, DON’T FORGET TO DO THE EXTERNAL WASTE INK MOD OR YOU’LL EVENTUALLY HAVE INK LEAKING OUT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR PRINTER…

Google around for this mod; there are plenty of resources.