Epson Stylus 1400 Photo

Hi!

I have a problem with the CISS system on my 1400. It has worked flawlessly for about a year now. No problems at all until now.

When I run a nozzle check, the yellow and light cyan do not show AT ALL. Not that there’s parts printing with “holes” (showing the head needs cleaning). I mean the entire section of color is missing! Not a glimmer of yellow or light cyan anywhere on the nozzle check…just blank white spaces where the colors SHOULD be! Repeated head cleaning has done absolutely NOTHING…and I am not sure what’s going on with it!?

I notice the tubes fill with ink when I clean the heads, but if it sits for any period of time, I see the ink has partially left the ribbon tubes that go into the cartridges, leaving large gaps (air?) in the tubes. This is only visible on the two colors that are not working.

I have taken the air plugs out of the tanks and put them back in. That did nothing. I have checked the levels in the ink tanks, and they are all ok. The printer DOES recognize ALL the cartridges so I’m not sure it’s a chip problem. I would think if it was the head being clogged, it would at least show SOME yellow and lt cyan in the nozzle test pattern, right?

This was not a cheap printer, and I really can’t afford to just go out and buy a new one. I sure would appreciate any suggestions as to what it might be wrong and how to fix it as soon as possible. There’s a big difference between being able to fix what I already have, having to buy a new CISS system, and having to buy a new printer! I’d hate to buy a new CISS system and then find out it is the printer itself or vice versa. I could really use some help on this one!

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me on this.