Epson R380

vbimport

If anyone is interested in a printer that prints decent pictures as well as CD/DVDs.

Shipping is a tad high, but I paid more than than that as a gift for xmas for my son.

Looks like a nice upgrade from the earlier r200 aand up series, I just ordered a R800 refurb from Epson for 179 shipped, bit more printer but way more spendy.
Thats a nice option for folks on the fence and wanting a do almost everything well model for a nice price.

Hmmm… Anyone found any compatible “generic” cartridges for this model yet? Or can you use the older 200/300 series “generic” cartridges?

Compatible cartridges here:
ABCink

Can get at Epson site for $139 (instant rebate) with free shipping

Also good prices on catridges are to be found here:

http://www.4inkjets.com/Epson,13,manufacturer.html

Sorry, guess I should have posted the price of the item in my original post. At the time I posted it was $99.99 US. I see now its up to $109.99.

Thanks for the heads up! I picked mine up for 109+s/h. Still a great deal. I’ve got a spindle of inkjet printable Ritek04’s that were dying for one of these.

In my honest opinion, Ritek disks aren’t even worth the ink you’ll use to print 'em.

JD

Yo JD-

Took the words right outta my mouth-eh!

Well since we’re already off topic, it’s a good thing you threw opinion in there, or I’d make you eat your words. :bigsmile: I’d like to think the ink used on a label of a disc lasting 2 1/2 years (and likely many more!) would be a good investment.

While I agree Ritek is not the best media (DL comes to mind) there are instances where it is both good quality and cost effective.

The R04 media I have is Samsung branded and not the best quality, but comparable to many other high priced (and highly regarded) media out there. I have plenty of MCC03RG20, SonyD21, Sony16D1, etc which simply pales in comparison to many of my Ritek scans, on a variety of different burners and speeds. The G04 media is over two years old and was some cheap Newegg branded free gift they threw in with something I purchased… Not a bad deal after all!

I’m considering a purchase but I saw a thread on another forum that the Claria Hi Def ink is not water resistant on printable CD/DVD’s. They claimed smearing after even a week later. I use TDK DVD-R PrintOn media. Has anyone seen this to be true?

A little off topic but speaking of the epson store has anyone been able to use thier coupons from the class action lawsuit to but anything there?

Last I read the coupons wont work till all the legal action is done but don’t know for sure. They have a checkbox for coupons on their web site when you order. Too bad I never had any.

Being in the process of lawsuit does not prevent them to meeting their other legal obligations (Rebates).