Epson R300 - Keep or upgrade?

I have an Epson R300 photo printer and I used to print DVDs/CDs with it and the results were ok.

I’m wondering if the newer technology yields better results as I am now going to start printing on Blu-ray media.

Worthwhile to upgrade?

Disc printing does not require, or benefit from, a high-end printer. Any printer capable of decent photo quality is more than adequate for discs. The R300 certainly meets those requirements. Unless you want something faster or something that has other features, hang on to what you have.

Hrmm, that is what I thought. I seem to remember the discs didn’t look as sharp as the image, I think it may have been the Epson PrintCD software… has that been updated, or is there another alternative?

[QUOTE=trueimage;2218035]Hrmm, that is what I thought. I seem to remember the discs didn’t look as sharp as the image, I think it may have been the Epson PrintCD software… has that been updated, or is there another alternative?[/QUOTE]

Software isn’t going to make any difference in final quality. I can’t say what the print resolution the Epson is using for discs. If your images are 150dpi or more, it should look pretty good. Most store-bought DVDs will have a silk screened image that translates to something around 150dpi. But it does vary. The media you use will have a bigger impact than anything else. If you want the best quality, either TY Watershield or Verbatim AquaGuard is required. Verbatim Gloss would be my 3rd choice.