Epson R280 cheap ink?

vbimport

Can you get cheap ink for this printer online?

The R260/280/380/580 all use tanks that are subject to different chip revisions. Printers made after April '07 will need a later revision of tank. This is Epson’s way of messing with compatible tank makers. If your printer was made before April-'07, it will use any type tanks. The serial number on the printer uses a code for the date of manufacture.

Most ink sellers don’t have a clue about this, so you need to be sure you’re getting the right tanks. Get a guarantee up front that they are selling 2nd revision tanks with the right chip. Apart from that, you’re just looking for Epson 77/78 compatibles. I get them from http://www.inkjetsaver.com/. I’ve had 2 other sellers swear that they had the right tanks, then send me the wrong ones. You should be able to get them at around $5 each.

i’m thinking about buying my from printonadime.com and getting the refill kit. What do you guys think?

How about this? http://www.alotofthings.com/viartshop/product_details.php?item_id=1519
They seem to be knowledgable from everything I’ve heard so you shouldn’t get problematic cartridges.

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;2011769]How about this? http://www.alotofthings.com/viartshop/product_details.php?item_id=1519
They seem to be knowledgable from everything I’ve heard so you shouldn’t get problematic cartridges.[/QUOTE]

The refill kits seem to be OK, but I haven’t used them for Epsons. Be sure to read all the fine print about the self-resetting chips. You’d also want to confirm that the chips used are indeed compatible with the 2nd revision printers.

CDan, do you know if this chip resetter really does work with the latest Epson tanks for the R280 series?

I can’t seem to find ink tanks listed for this model (skips fro R260 to R380) on most sites; would be interested in reasonably priced OEM high yield or reputable refills/non-OEM that use a decent dye-based ink that won’t clog the heads and performs nearly as well as OEM in terms of saturation and disc printing drying time. Are both G&G and inkjetsaver.com reputable suppliers of ink that meet these requirements?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=RWP;2012166]CDan, do you know if this chip resetter really does work with the latest Epson tanks for the R280 series?

I can’t seem to find ink tanks listed for this model (skips fro R260 to R380) on most sites; would be interested in reasonably priced OEM high yield or reputable refills/non-OEM that use a decent dye-based ink that won’t clog the heads and performs nearly as well as OEM in terms of saturation and disc printing drying time. Are both G&G and inkjetsaver.com reputable suppliers of ink that meet these requirements?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Drop them an email and they’ll let you know about the chip re-setter. All R260/280/380/580 printers use the same tanks. The R280 replaced the R260 and is identical inside.

I’ve gotten both G&G and some generic tanks from CompUBiz/Inkjetsaver and have seen no difference compared to Epson tanks. In fact, I’ve had one Epson tank fail to work at all, and none of the compatibles have failed.

I used to do a lot of re-filling, but got tired of the hassle and mess. If I can get a compatible tank for around $5, I go that way. If you’re a heavy printer user, look at CIS systems. But unless you’re replacing tanks every week, IMHO, re-filling isn’t worth it.

[quote=CDan;2012222]I used to do a lot of re-filling, but got tired of the hassle and mess. If I can get a compatible tank for around $5, I go that way. If you’re a heavy printer user, look at CIS systems. But unless you’re replacing tanks every week, IMHO, re-filling isn’t worth it.[/quote] So the chip resetter is just for refilling an OEM tank and not necessary if buying compatibles or refills?

Thanks for all the great advice in this and other threads BTW… :bow:

[QUOTE=RWP;2012337]So the chip resetter is just for refilling an OEM tank and not necessary if buying compatibles or refills?

Thanks for all the great advice in this and other threads BTW… :bow:[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, a re-setter will work on any chip, Epson or compatible. Compatibles come with re-set chips already, as do re-manufactured tanks.

The resetter technology on the latest Epson carts is a bit dodgy at the moment to be honest. They generally only work on Epson OEM carts and certain compatibles. Also I think they have to be more than 30% full when you reset, otherwise they don’t work.

Refilling the Epson OEM carts is also complicated due to the many chambers inside them. I have managed to do it sucessfully but I am not sure how viable it is for most people.

I would say use compatibles or a CIS if you do a lot of printing.

If you like refilling then stick to Canon, Brother or HP printers.

How have you done it, refilling the EPSON ones?

711-714 Refill Instructions available at http://www.disc-info.com/downloads/jr-refill/epson/jr-epson-t0711.pdf

All the rest of the instructions I am putting together are at http://support.medea.co.uk/index.php?action=kb&category=22

I still don’t recommend that people refill those carts but I got asked so often I tried this way and it appeared to work ok.

Thanks!

I see, many of them are hardly refillable because of the many chambers used…

Try inksupply http://inksupply.com/
their carts have “auto reset” chips, there website is kind of confussing. You probably want the spongeless carts, i think they come filled and have a plug to be refilled. They also have the refill ink. I found it once then I can not find it again. They also have the CFS ( continuos feed system) too. Maybe call them. From what I understand the ink in R280s is ultr tone or something like that. Some kind of special brew, so maybe finding the cheapest might not be a good idea. I have used the above company for spongless CLEAR carts for my Epson R300. I also have an R280 that I got sort of FREE. I bought one for my Mom and her friend up the street. The one for the friend up the street , the printhead was jammed. I called Epson, they checked some stuff. Epson said we will send you another and you do not need to return the other one. I took it apart and put back together and it works fine. also try googling r280 refills, r280 refillable carts …etc. I would not recommend drilling into the OEM carts to fill.

Where is the cheapest place to buy ink for an Epson R280 Photo Printer?

what country?

Have you checked ebay? They normally have lots of cheap ink for sale, although godknows what the quality will be like.

usa

Perhaps reading the previous thread that you started on the same topic would be of some assistance?

[quote=CDan;2017903]Perhaps reading the previous thread that you started on the same topic would be of some assistance?[/quote] Thanks for noticing; threads have now been merged.

http://www.meritline.com/epson-r260-r380-rx580-cis-plus-ink.html

What do you think of this?