Epson R200 Questions

I have a 2-year old Epson R200 that has been used to print maybe 40 sheets of paper, and about 20 printable CD/DVDs (I’m still using the original cartridges).

1. Yesterday, the printer started to absolutely refuse to print a CD, claiming there was a paper jam. Will getting a new (2nd generation?) CD tray fix this, or should I just dump the printer and buy a new one?

2. I purchase a refillable ink cartridge setup for the printer from “Print on a Dime”. This system includes a waste-ink reservoir bottle. When I opened up the little panel in the back of the printer, I could not find the tube they talk about in the install instructions. Does this printer even have the tube I’mn looking for? Do I have to open up the printer more to find it?

By the way, here’s a link to the place that I’m getting the CD tray from:

https://www.reliantdigital.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=116&HS=1

I found the tube.

[QUOTE=jsimmons3;2127254]I have a 2-year old Epson R200 that has been used to print maybe 40 sheets of paper, and about 20 printable CD/DVDs (I’m still using the original cartridges).

1. Yesterday, the printer started to absolutely refuse to print a CD, claiming there was a paper jam. Will getting a new (2nd generation?) CD tray fix this, or should I just dump the printer and buy a new one?

2. I purchase a refillable ink cartridge setup for the printer from “Print on a Dime”. This system includes a waste-ink reservoir bottle. When I opened up the little panel in the back of the printer, I could not find the tube they talk about in the install instructions. Does this printer even have the tube I’mn looking for? Do I have to open up the printer more to find it?[/QUOTE]

Re: 2) I’m curious. Did print on a dime know you were having problems BEFORE you bought their kit?

My problems weren’t in any way connected with the refillable cartridges, mostly because I haven’t installed them yet.

My initial inability to find the waste ink tube was that I wasn’t sure what I was looking for (and I was kind of in a hurry because I had to leave for work).

I’m still waiting for my replacement CD tray. I’m almost positive that this is the source of my problems because I have the old-style tray with the clear plastic tabs on the leading edge. The tray I ordered is the new style tray.

BTW, I decided to look for another new R200 printer to have a spare in case this one takes a dump on me - I can’t believe the prices I’m seeing for it - $400! I bought mine new for $80 when they were still being made. This is most definitely NOT a $400 printer.

BTW, I decided to look for another new R200 printer to have a spare in case this one takes a dump on me - I can’t believe the prices I’m seeing for it - $400! I bought mine new for $80 when they were still being made. This is most definitely NOT a $400 printer.

Ahh but you see like all antiques they appreciate in value!!:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=weedougie;2128828]Ahh but you see like all antiques they appreciate in value!!:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :iagree: :iagree:

@jsimmons3 the new tray might help but first thing to try is running a blank piece of paper through the printer
a few times it helps to clean the rollers but that might not pertain to the tray though but it couldn’t hurt to
try it anyway. I’ve had to clean my rollers several time that way when I still had my R200 and I’ve had to do
it with my R220 also. I just stick a blank piece of paper in there and hit the middle button and let it do its thing
about 3 or 4 times and all is well afterwords. When I had my R200 the tray kept messing up and not wanting to
go in or out correctly so i did like you and bought a new style tray and that solved my tray problems but it gave
up the ghost a while back and died on me. :sad: I had bought the refillable carts for it a good while before it died
so it I just transfered them over to one of my new R220’s that I bought off of ebay I bought 2 of them still sealed
in the original boxes because they were a lot cheaper than what the used R200’s were going for not to mention what
a new sealed box R200 was selling for at that time.:eek: :eek: Now about the new style trays they will get a build up on
the bottom of the tray where the rollers catch and pull it in so I just take my finger nail and scrape it off and it is
just like new again. :wink: