Epson print cd/dvd problem

vbimport

I recently installed the software for my Epson R-260 and when i try to print it tells me “The EPSON printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed.” I’ve looked on epsons website and there is nothing there to fix this problem…i have also searched the internet forums all over and there is not any real solution. If you can help out with this problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Is the printer otherwise functioning normally? Did you install the printer driver from the Epson CD?

[QUOTE=CDan;2099161]Is the printer otherwise functioning normally? Did you install the printer driver from the Epson CD?[/QUOTE]

Yes the printer prints on paper just fine, and yes i installed the software off of the original disc that came with printer. I did install windows again on the same hard drive on a different partition though…on the other windows copy it worked just fine.

@ebp123 - please don’t crosspost. It’s against forum rules, and creates more work for staff and members.

Your other thread has been deleted.

Try to uninstall all the printer software, and then reinstall it and see if that fixes the problem.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2099186]Try to uninstall all the printer software, and then reinstall it and see if that fixes the problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i tried that 2 times. No luck. Sorry about the other post also. Anyother ideas?

There’s 2 things that must be installed from the Epson CD, one is the printer driver and the other is the Print CD software. Make sure your install of Windows is fully updated as well.

[QUOTE=CDan;2099206]There’s 2 things that must be installed from the Epson CD, one is the printer driver and the other is the Print CD software. Make sure your install of Windows is fully updated as well.[/QUOTE]

Hey good thinkin i havent updated windows since i installed it. I’ll give it a shot

[QUOTE=ebp123;2099164]Yes the printer prints on paper just fine, and yes i installed the software off of the original disc that came with printer. I did install windows again on the same hard drive on a different partition though…on the other windows copy it worked just fine.[/QUOTE]
Since everything was working initially, this sounds like the second copy of Windows is/was operating on generic printer drivers and didn’t get the official Canon drivers. Printers will work on generic drivers but often will not have full functionality.
Take a look under “Printers and Faxes” (Control Panel) in your [partition #2] and verify that everything is there.
IOW, compare one partition’s printer drivers to the other you may see a difference.

If you see that you’re on generic (supplied w/Windows) drivers, you will have to go through the printer reinstall process for that “instance” of Windows.

Here is the solution

When the message comes up ‘The Epson printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed’ just press OK.
Then in the next window that automatically pops up select Tray and Tray number 2 ( Tray number one will print in the corner and off the CD )

After setting the tray and back to the main window you will notice that the print button is greyed out and inactive and that you cannot see
a printer in the printer drop down list ( at this point one may feel completely stuck ). Its easy, just press the ‘manual’ tab under the tray button
and the printing dialog box for the Epson printer comes up and you can print.