Epson Inkjet Printer Won't Recognize Genetic Ink

Be careful all, Epson has lately design the Inkjet printers software/Firmware as such that after one or two time it won’t work with even the best “Generic” brand of ink and the printer display show error " can not recognize " the cartridge. This has happen to me (Inkjet CX7450)few days ago and Epson refused to honor the printer warranty because I have used “Genetic Ink” cartridge.

I have no idea, my CX4800 has no problem with generic ink. have you tried resetting the carts?

Genetic ink… hahaha

Please help, I got a DX7450 second hand. It came with no cartridges, so I bought a CIS system from Ebay. However it does not recognize the black cartridge no mather what I do. They even sent me a spare chip but it did not help either. Any idea what should I do?

Unplug it and wait 24 Hours and try again, that worked for me on a NX410

maybe it needs a DNA transfusion to overcome the genetic defect :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zaq;2539439]maybe it needs a DNA transfusion to overcome the genetic defect :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Or maybe it just needs what I did to my RX595 when it decided to not recognize the
CISS cartridges after a while of use. No matter how many times I removed them and
reseated the cartridges I kept getting the error so I just took my fist and pounded on
it a few times and it started working again. :clap:

It just needed to be shown who the boss was and I wasn’t really worried if I broke it
or not as I have a refurbished Artisan 700 setting there in the box along with a CISS
for it also ready to go to work at a moments notice. :iagree:

These companies are making it more difficult to use after market ink.
They’re getting worse and worse every year
Now they fracking detect the ink quality.

I think it’s time to assert our rights and file a CLASS ACTION.
I think it is (USA) consumer law that a consumer cannot be tied down to anyone company for after-market supplies ala the auto industry?

if the spare part meets minum standards it should be allowed and not invalidate the warranty

Yes, it is very ugly and it is called Vendor Lock-in. This is when a company makes a customer dependent on a vendor for products and services, unable to use another vendor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendor_lock-in

I really think they should be sued for making people use only their product.

[QUOTE=ludmil;2539522]Yes, it is very ugly and it is called Vendor Lock-in. This is when a company makes a customer dependent on a vendor for products and services, unable to use another vendor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendor_lock-in

I really think they should be sued for making people use only their product.[/QUOTE]

From that link, then a Class Action should be viable based on this
" Lock-in costs which create barriers to market entry may result in antitrust action against a monopoly."