Epson CD Printer

vbimport

Hi I have seen these epson cd printers there are 2 models i know of cant remember their model number though… anyway you know what ones im talking about.

This is my situation I have a HP Deskjet 5550 and I make tons of cd’s a day at the moment i am labeling them with sticky labels. The thing is the ink in my printer for some reason lasts for months! and i am printing at least about 10 - 15 pages of in a day and still lasts months. However i am blowing money on labels that dont even look that good anyway.

Would i be better of floggin my 5550 on ebay and going for one of these epson cd printing ones. I have never seen a cd printed so i dont know about quality if anyone has a pic or something they could send me would be great.

Also could you tell me about the ink for these epsons. How long does it last for example, like how many disc could you print before running it out.

Also how much is it to refill cause i heard it is 6 cartridges and not 2 which kinda sucks, but i dont know about it so im just guessin.

THanks for reading this easay anyway lol look forward to your replys.

:bow:

The models are the R200 which is a basic photo printer and allows you to print on discs and to print from compatable digital cameras, and the R300 which allows you to print photos direct from memory cards. If you use your PC to edit pics etc before printing then go for the R200. The print quality is good.

As for how long the inks last that depends a great deal on what settings you use to print. Compats for this printer are cheep, in the UK you can get a complete set from £7. In the long run it is cheeper than 2 cartridge printers as you only have to replace one colour when it runs out as opposed to the whole cartridge if just one colour runs out on the combined cartridge.

Refilling, it is a case of getting the photo printer refil kits which contain the five colours, the black refils are standar, you get 2 refils from one jet tec bottle.

I’ve got the R800, nice unit, pricey, but real nice for CDs and photos. 8 Ink tanks and they last a good long time.

The r200 and 300 use the same print engine and all that so quality is the same, 300 has more goodies added. The prints I make look great and thats all I use this printer for. If you want to refill you’ll need a chip resetter as the carts have a chip that decides when it’s empty. there are some software things out that kinda work but I think a reseter would be better. My last true Epson inks cost me like 77 bucks US for all 6, Costco here has em for 60 and compatibles are way cheaper if you want to take a chance. My first carts got wasted pretty fast what with charging the heads and having to run a few cleaning cycles when I left the printer off and it started to clog. The second set have over 60 percent left and I printed a few medias with em so far.
I also have a HP 990 and that my general purpose machine for printing normal things and some photos, the carts are way bigger and Its still hard to tell the difference in photo prints too.
I got the printer on one of those mega sales for 78 then rebates so my final cost was 28, real carts are more then the printer :a

I USE ONLY EPSON PRINTERS I THINK THEY WORK GREAT I HAVE (EXCEPT FOR THE BROTHER ALL IN ONE LASER I NEED TO PRINT REPAIR WORK ORDERS AT MY SHOP. EPSON DOSN’T MAKE AN ALL IN ONE WITH A FAX)

EPSON 860
875DCS

THEY ALL PRINT GREAT PICTURES
I ALLWAYS FILLED THE INK CARTRIGE TILL I FOUND THESE CARTRIGES NO MORE REFILLING

6 FOR AROUND $20.00 COLOR OR BLACK THEY WORK NICE
http://www.inkgrabber.com/printers.mhtml?search_for=Stylus%20Photo%20875DCS

5 FOR $20.00
http://www.catalog800.com/.sc/ms/sch/1110678546497642/9/nc/ee?search=EPSON+820&go.x=10&go.y=9

I BUY EPSON PAPER WHEN ON SALE AT OFFICE DEPOT
4" X 6" 100 PACK BUY ONE $16. GET ONE FREE. THEY HAVE IT ON SALE OFTEN

Must you YELL??? :confused:

Dartman, I have used nothing but compatable since I bought my first Epson (though I did use the orignals that come with them) and have never had a problem, and I have been using Epson since the C40 came out. I now run a C64 and an R200. If realy worried about trying compats then go for Jettec, they are more expensive than the ones I use, but they have a good name and are international.

Compatibles are fine i have had 2 epsom printers and buy all my ink off ebay and never had a problem cheap as hell…

Thanks Jay, I’ll probably try something like those guys next batch and might even get one of those reseters for myself also. The carts for my 990 are about 50 each but usually last me 6 months or more and I get 2 black in the biggest size for that. The carts in ALL the new printers are tiny so they can sell more ink.