Epson Artisan 800-$109.00/Artisan 700-$79.99

vbimport

Refurbs on sale at Epsonstore.com. 40 second DVD prints and a built-in DVD tray that prints perfect, smudge-free Watershields :D. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/BuyEpson/ccProductCategory.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-13262 Built-in Wi-Fi and ethernet. Touch-screen controls. I’ve bought 4 of their refurbs, all good.

I bought a R800 from that store as well. It still works fine at least a couple of years later and I paid less then half what a new one was going for shipped.

I also have a 800, it is great!!

I only use my 800 for printing photos and media so it doesn’t get used a lot but it does a nice job with them considering how many inks it uses.
Biggest problem I have now is finding cheap, good quality ink for it though I think I have a line on a good place on Ebay that you or somebody recommended on one of the ink threads.
I use a HP 990 for my normal paper and every day printouts as it just does excellent quality to any paper I stuff in it and I don’t have to tell it what paper I used or anything, it auto detects it.
I also have a R200 that my sister is now using and it still prints fine as well and we are using the refillable carts from that ink place and they work great.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2490507]I only use my 800 for printing photos and media so it doesn’t get used a lot but it does a nice job with them considering how many inks it uses.
Biggest problem I have now is finding cheap, good quality ink for it though I think I have a line on a good place on Ebay that you or somebody recommended on one of the ink threads.
I use a HP 990 for my normal paper and every day printouts as it just does excellent quality to any paper I stuff in it and I don’t have to tell it what paper I used or anything, it auto detects it.
I also have a R200 that my sister is now using and it still prints fine as well and we are using the refillable carts from that ink place and they work great.[/QUOTE]
I’m also using an old HP 960c on one of our home computers. Only gets used for text and web page printing and that thing is a text workhorse, isn’t it :)? You’ve discovered Devin’s inks? Glad to hear it. I swear that stuff is cleaner than the stuff that Epson sells. Print heads in my Epsons seem to love it :iagree:. My CISS for the Artisan 800 should be arriving early next week. Uses 6 color claria ink just like my RX680. That CISS and ink has been great, expecting the same from the Artisan.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2490504]I also have a 800, it is great!![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads-up on the 800, Jim :flower:. That’s a ridiculously low price for that much multi-function goodness. Working as nice as you said it would :clap:.

A customer GAVE me another broken, he said, 990 a while back. Guy was retired and had TONS of printers in his basement for doing almost production printing for his church.
He had a wide carriage r1800, a couple of 990’s and a few others scattered about so I commented on how much I liked my 990 and he gave me his spare parts rig to help clean out his area :bigsmile:
He didn’t give me the duplexer but I wasn’t going to complain for free as at least I’ll now have spare parts. He even gave me the manuals and the power cord.
I’ll have to plug it in sometime and see what happens.

These look very attractive, but there are quite a few negative reviews of them on Amazon.

[QUOTE=jadburner;2490584]These look very attractive, but there are quite a few negative reviews of them on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I was put off before buying my RX680’s by a few negative reviews as well. Figured buying a refurb from the manufacturer might be my best bet for avoiding lemons. Either I got lucky 4 times in a row, or that is a sound strategy. Saw one review about the 800 only working well with super premium photo paper. I’ve thrown my favorite cheap 8 1/2x11 Kodak gloss photo paper in and got an excellent print with no tweaking. Same with some cheap White Cap 4X6 paper. DVD printing is certainly the fastest I’ve seen from an Epson. Plain paper color copies are very fast and good quality. Its a keeper for me :).

[QUOTE=jadburner;2490584]These look very attractive, but there are quite a few negative reviews of them on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they supposedly fixed those issues on the new 810 which gets much better reviews.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2490507]I only use my 800 for printing photos and media so it doesn’t get used a lot but it does a nice job with them considering how many inks it uses.
Biggest problem I have now is finding cheap, good quality ink for it though I think I have a line on a good place on Ebay that you or somebody recommended on one of the ink threads…[/QUOTE]

I get mine here and notice yours there as well:

http://www.megatoners.com/epson-stylus-photo-series-stylusphotor800.html

Not sure of the price you’ve been paying,but the quality of the ink has been excellent in my last 2 purchases.