Episodes missing in DVD2ONE

Hiya…

I’ve read the fact and am no newbie… First time however I am trying to encode an episodes DVD:

The thread inhere looks pretty straightforward, I’ll be able to do it. However: I am trying to encode a Friends DVD (series 8), ripping works, after that I fire up DVD2ONE, the tool (still trial) however only recognizes 4 episodes, there are however 8 on the DVD…

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks…

DVD2One only encodes the main movie. If there are 2 episodes on one dvd you have a problem, i had the same with “band of brothers” there are also 2 episodes on 1 dvd. So i had to use 2 dvd’s for the backup of one. Maybe it is better to use pinnacle instant copy. This makes a backup of the entire content of a dvd.
It only takes a lot more time. Or you still can use dvd2one but then needs to use ifoedt and ifoupdate. If i’m not mistaking there should some guides how to use them.

Another fellow Helmonder here ? :eek:
That’s new to me , hey where in Helmond do you live ???
I live near the WinkelCentrum De Bus and what about you ?
May I ask what type of DVD burner you have an what type of media ? Please remember to answer in English because this is an part of the forum is English.

But let me get this straight ;

8 Episodes on 1 DVD.
You seem to get 4 titles (Or that is what I seem to understand from you) right ? Then I guess that there are probably 2 episodes in one title. But I can’t confirm this.

1 : Buy the full version , it’s definately worth it.
2 : Encode each title which you think is an episode (look at the lenght of the movie for this you say there are four so devide 4472 by four = 1118MB per title)
3 : Fire up PowerDVD / WinDVD and check the result.
4 : Then get a vobjoining tool (link : http://www.boilsoft.com/avi-mpeg-rm-joiner.html) and join the vobs from title 1 to form VTS_01_1 , and do the same for title 2 but name it VTS_01_02 etc.
5 : Use IfoEdit to make correspondig IFO and BUP files.
6 : Burn it to DVD-/+R.

Only problem would be getting the subtitles right but maybe someone else can help you with that.

Is that correct ?

When I fire up DVD2ONE and point it to the directory the ripped vobs are in it asks me which part to process… I recognize 4 times a 23 minute fragment (episodes) and 2 very small (few second) bits (probably some extra’s)…

Ripping these 23 minute bits (seperately, not in one go) gets me 4 nice and crispy episodes… Problem is there are 8 on the DVD and I cannot find them anywhere…

Hiya…

I am in Brouwhuis…

The episodes DVD2ONE shows me in the initial screen are 23 minutes each… Which is the exact length of a friends episode… Therefore I do not think this is the issue…

Any more idea’s ?

Ripping the subs would be no issue, they are readily available for download, I will be happy if I have vids and sound…

I just checked out the cover and it says to get the other 4 episodes you have got to turn the disc around. This is what we call a flipper.

Ok…

Please all now marvel at me turning red and sticking my head into my ass…

A flipper ? Goddamn…

Sometimes life is easy, even for an Helmonder :frowning:

It happens to the best of us :stuck_out_tongue:

One piece of advice though :
Copy each side to one DVD. You will have much better quality that way.

Use the new version of DVD2ONE

RIP the whole Episode dvd, then pick full disc, I have done…

BAND OF BROTHERS with this method, getting the 2 episodes on one dvd with the menu

Or you can rip the FULL dvd, then encode each episode, and join all the vobs together, (theres tutorials on here how to do it), you wont get the menu doing it this way, each episode follows on, and you just skip through the chapters to access later episodes.

:a

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ANGUZ
[B]Use the new version of DVD2ONE

RIP the whole Episode dvd, then pick full disc, I have done…

Actually… That’s not necessary… DVD2ONE trial version seems perfectly suitable to work with sitcoms, since they are smaller then 30 mins the only thing to do is restart the proggie after each rip :wink:

I am ofcourse kidding… quite a handy tool! Basically I am now using it to make smaller vob-sets which I then convert to Xvid and burn as data… Much easier then coding the whold dvd and splitting it up again…