Episode DVD, jump to different PGC?

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a back-up of an episode DVD. It has six episodes which I want to split over two DVD’s. In the Root Menu I want to be able to select the episodes that are on the second disc but I want to see a still screen saying Please Insert Disc 2. I have done this by replacing the first block of the title (and hiding the ones after that) but I got this error:

Replace block (PGC) >> different streams (610:PgcProgramsView.cpp)

It does seem to work though so this doesn’t seem to be a problem. Anyway my real question is this: how do I make the menu button jump to a PGC, located in a different stream? See this image for some more info :wink: Hope someone understands what I mean!

Most probably replacement does not have all the audio/sub-picture streams as was in original. But you are right - it is not a problem as you don’t need any any audio or subs in “Insert Disk 2” block.

Anyway my real question is this: how do I make the menu button jump to a PGC, located in a different stream?

“stream”? Do you mean PGC (Program Chain)? Is it in the same VTS (Video Title Set) where menu is or in different?

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

It’s hard to make clear what I want to do but here’s a try:

From the screenshot I posted you can see I have the English menu and the Program Chains (under the same VTS). Under the English menu there is a PGC 1 (26.21 MB root menu) which contains 8 programs. Program 2 is the important one as it’s the menu that lists all the episodes. When you click on any of these episodes the DVD jumps to another menu (so you don’t leave the menu, you just go to another menu that gives the options Play Episode, Trivia, Back to Menu). These are programs 3 to 8 (one for each episode).

Now, what I want to achieve is that when I select to play an episode that is located on the second disc, I want to jump straigt to the actual episode (and thus get the screen; Insert Disc Two), so bypassing the second menu.

Hope you understand what I’m trying to do :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

Ps. your software is great Dimad. Never seen such a great utility, all packed into one exe-file. Superb!

With right terminology: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool:

so you don’t leave the PGC, you just go to another CELL with menu that gives the options Play Episode, Trivia, Back to Menu.

Now, what I want to achieve is that when I select to play an episode that is located on the second disc, I want to jump straigt to the actual episode (and thus get the screen; Insert Disc Two), so bypassing the second menu.

Hope you understand what I’m trying to do :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

It is perfectly clear now. It is very easy to do what you want. The thing is - whole DVD is “divided” into few so called Domains: FP (First Play), VMGM (Video Manager Menu), VTS (Video Title Set) and VTSM (Video Title Set Menu). DVD specs set some restrictions on navigation from one domain to another. One of them: you can’t access PGC in VTS domain directly from VTSM (there is just no command to do it). Instead you can Jump to the Title in VTS. Most probably PGC you want to jump to is listed in VTS titles (if not - no problem, just go to Titles view of this VTS, right click and add new title (with first program of your PGC as a first title chapter). Now all you need to do is: double click on button you want link to the PGC, hit “…” to edit command, select “Jump/Call Instractions | Jump VTS Title” and enter # of the title to jump to.

Ps. your software is great Dimad. Never seen such a great utility, all packed into one exe-file. Superb!

You are welcome. We’ve been working hard on the program, and for sure you will discover many more features with time. :smiley:

User manual lists pretty much all the editing capabilities of DvdReMake Pro and gives a brief description to the available VM (DVD player Virtual Machine) commands: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/info.php