Enter the Matrix: success w/ BR 4.4

yes it is true…success has arrived once again…now its Enter the Matrix…SecuROM 4.84.75.0045…

system configuration***********

BR====Read 4cds w/ Samsung 52x cdrom drive
no alt. read
no subcodes
((nibble))
adapt speed 1-16x

BW===Wrote 4cds w/ Plextor 24/10/40a drive
DAO Pw
Install Discs at MAX and PLay Disc at 12x “just for the hell of it”
Autoplay Enabled
Downloaded pre-made BWA file

game works in both drives…nevertheless, had to use Clone’s “hide media” to have game work in Plex…DUH!!!

:bigsmile:

I also had success backing my copy using A120% with the Secrom"NEW"4x settings. The only setting I did change was the read and write speeds to 4X not max. Takes a lil longer but i don’t care.
I also don’t need to use any emulation or hide CDRMedia, however I think thats due to the :bow: Toshiba DVD drive.:bow:

Originally posted by YourAss
I also had success backing my copy using A120% with the Secrom"NEW"4x settings. The only setting I did change was the read and write speeds to 4X not max. Takes a lil longer but i don’t care.
I also don’t need to use any emulation or hide CDRMedia, however I think thats due to the :bow: Toshiba DVD drive.:bow:

@ YourAss, WELCOME to the forum.

And the lower read speed is recommended.
The write speed can be set on max (it’s the read proces what is the problem).

Thanks Namoh, glad to be a part of this board it’s very infomative, I’ve learned alot in a short time and thr ppl here are cool too :cool: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
Autoplay Enabled

yuck, emulation.

Originally posted by Savannah
[B]

yuck, emulation. [/B]

lol

hi guys…

i recently got into this program blindwrite, here are my dealings with HITMAN 2 securon v4.84.00.0104

ok backed up with liteon 52/24/52 all at full speed! now i tried it on a fresh install of winxp on second pc system and the game wont run? i used just the one disc (bwa file download!) for spikes, but on my system it plays in 3 drives (plextor 12/10/32a liteon 52/24/52 samsung dvd/cd 16x/48x)! just on its own installed with the bwa file disc and play the game with the bwa disc to! now i’ve read about making an install disc and play disc? tried those on the second pc and still wont run?

I have no programs loaded on second pc like blindwrite and alike!

i loaeded blindwrite to the second pc and VIOLA! it worked? now does blindwrite emulate then? bit confused on this?

Also what is the “AUTOPLAY” feature does it write something on disc? as its located on the burning side of blindwrite program?

any help guys as you are in the know on this protection type and usage of the program?

Thank you in advance!

Rotary…

what are the specs on the two systems…

**version of blindwrite??
**optical drives??

and what are your settings for blindwrite…configuration settings that is…for reading and writing

Originally posted by Rotary
[B]I have no programs loaded on second pc like blindwrite and alike!

i loaeded blindwrite to the second pc and VIOLA! it worked? now does blindwrite emulate then? bit confused on this?

Also what is the “AUTOPLAY” feature does it write something on disc? as its located on the burning side of blindwrite program?
[/B]

Hi and welcome to the forum :smiley:

That sounds exactly like a copy made with autoplay. I dont know the ins and outs of autoplay, ViRuS2k would be able to explain it better, but basically, if a copy is made with autoplay, the protection is emulated and wont work unless blindwrite is installed.

For making a backup with Blindwrite that doesnt require emulation, BlindWrite 4.2.5 is reccommended and is available here and a great tutorial is available here, its for Unreal Tournament 2003, but should works fine with Hitman 2.

If you dont wish to make another copy, and dont want to keep blindwrite on your system, then have a look here for the autoplay standalone installer.

hi

thank you for your reply,

yes need to find out more on this auto play feature?

also i here mention about blindwrite v4.2 wouldnt the latest edtion be better as it v4.4b now i have v4.4?

thx…

[B]what are the specs on the two systems…

**version of blindwrite??
**optical drives??

and what are your settings for blindwrite…configuration settings that is…for reading and writing [/B]

my version is v4.4.0.65

the rom on second pc is one drive a samsung dvd/cd/cdrw combo!

and let me thank you for these very quick replys!

Rotary…

Originally posted by Rotary
also i here mention about blindwrite v4.2 wouldnt the latest edtion be better as it v4.4b now i have v4.4?

4.2.5 deals with SecuRom NEW 4.8x differently than 4.4. It can run without emulation, wheras with 4.4 you need BlindWrite installed to run the program.

hey but you got to look at it from a programmers view…

if you are trying to make a backup …first you got to have a “cd writer”

second you got to have a “cd burning program”

you got to have those two items…so why not use blindwrite’s latest features…

its not like your making backups for your friends…now shame on you…that is why there is the standalone “autoplay” installer…

and all the backups generated from blindwrite can be read correctly “without errors” with blindwrite and clonecd etc…

now if “twinpeaks and clonecd” is used the backup is going to have errors generated when an image is created from it…

soooo blindwrite has successfully made backups an easier process…1:1 without those damned CD_Cracks…

[B]hey but you got to look at it from a programmers view…

if you are trying to make a backup …first you got to have a “cd writer”

second you got to have a “cd burning program”

you got to have those two items…so why not use blindwrite’s latest features…

its not like your making backups for your friends…now shame on you…that is why there is the standalone “autoplay” installer…

and all the backups generated from blindwrite can be read correctly “without errors” with blindwrite and clonecd etc…

now if “twinpeaks and clonecd” is used the backup is going to have errors generated when an image is created from it…

soooo blindwrite has successfully made backups an easier process…1:1 without those damned CD_Cracks… [/B]

thank you,

so what you are saying then is?

use v4.2.5 for perfect 1:1 copies no emulation?

and the later program just sucks?

seems wierd you would think programs get better as they go along else why update them?

very confused now - LOL

cheers guys!

well 4.2.5 will work…maybe 50%

autoplay…100% on any DRIVE

just test it out…i would rather do autoplay

[B]you got to have those two items…so why not use blindwrite’s latest features…

[/B]

To sum it up in a word? Emulation. I just dont like it. Its a personal thing.

Who mentioned CloneCD? Granted 4.2.5 does a primitive Twinpeaks patching on the fly instead of patching an image and burning it. But like Twinpeaks patching, it works without emulation. And hence in my view is better.

well 4.2.5 will work…maybe 50% - Depends on the drive, most people have a lite-on and they work quite well.

autoplay…100% on any DRIVE - As long as BlindWrite or the standalone Autoplay program is installed.

But, to each his own.

guys need help

i read all games images with blind write so will the images have the autoplay in them now? what i mean is does the autoplay go in on reading or ONLY writing?

cheers…

Autoplay is only when burning the image.

To turn it off, (if you want to) Start BlindWrite Suite, click the Hard Drive -> CD Icon to start BlindWrite, click the BlindWrite Configuration radio button, click next, then de-select Autoplay Support then click next.

i used 4.2.5 and couldn’t get a back up to work, so I tried Futureproofs recommendation and used 4.2.2 and securom new back ups work everytime and there’s no option for autoplay so I think 4.2.2 is the best version.

Originally posted by slayerking
i used 4.2.5 and couldn’t get a back up to work, so I tried Futureproofs recommendation and used 4.2.2 and securom new back ups work everytime and there’s no option for autoplay so I think 4.2.2 is the best version.

Auto play is intergrated into 4.4 thats why there is no option

as for the best its not. its the best yes for compatability with all drives but for NO EMULATION then its is not.

4.2.5 combined with 4.2.8`s BWA builder is the best for securomNEW

take my word for it.

Auto play is used to fake the characteristics of a SecuromNEW digital signicture of the play disk so thats why you need blindwrite installed. its EMULATING the Protection…

4.4 = Emulation = All cd burners Work
4.2.5 = No Emulation = Better BWA Handleing = NO Emulation.

see what i mean. :bigsmile: