Enermax 350W Power Supply $10+ Shipping

I just ordered one of these refurbed units from Amazon and I’m impressed. It came in a retail box with all accessories and documentation and not a scratch on it. I’m thinking these are new old stock units direct from Enermax. The build quality is as good as it gets. If you have some P4 machines, particularly emachines or other cheap manufacturers, it would pay to toss the stock PSU and install something like this.

350 watts is actually fine for most machines without a high end graphics card, here is a PSU calculator, check for yourself. The super high wattage on power supplies is mostly a sales gimmick.

Here is the link to the PSU. I also received a refurbed 465 watt unit, but it does not appear to be new. I paid $12 for that one.

Yo-

Thanks for the info - calculator is a great resource tool-eh!!

Thanks smata67, I just picked up the 585watt refurb for 15 bucks. It will make a good backup.
budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2273821]Thanks smata67, I just picked up the 585watt refurb for 15 bucks. It will make a good backup.
budzos[/QUOTE]

Cool. That’s an $80 power supply new. It wasn’t available last week when I ordered mine, the stock seems to change week to week.

Hey smata67, I got my power supply today, What a beast! The thing is built solid,
and also very quiet. I like the fan speed control its a nice touch. It arrived looking like new in a retail box with all the accessories as well.
Thanks again for the tip, budzos

For these day PC System a 350W Power Supply is a non-compliance and non workable.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2278110]For these day PC System a 350W Power Supply is a non-compliance and non workable.[/QUOTE]

Mine was a 585 watt! I also have several older systems that have been running
on 350 watt PS for years and a 10 buck price tag would of been a cheap replacement had one of them needed replacing. I think thats what this post was directed at.
budzos

The 350W unit replaced my 250W PSUs just fine. For $18 shipped, cheap insurance to replace those older PSUs, much quieter, too.

These Enermax Noisetakers are excellent power supplies. As stated, very quiet and after shutdown one of the fans runs on for a few minutes to perform a final cool-down of the system.
There is also an external speed control on most all the Noisetakers as mentioned.

I agree the brand is good and best for the buck for replacing those old ages PC power supply.

Hmmm…I think we need a little moderation here…
As I scurry to the bomb shelter :bigsmile:

Edit:
Just grabbed a 535W for $22US shipped from the Enermax USA store.

I ordered a Enermax 350W Power Supply unit and it has no external speed control. Are the 350W units supposed to have one?

[QUOTE=TaranScorp;2279773]I ordered a Enermax 350W Power Supply unit and it has no external speed control. Are the 350W units supposed to have one?[/QUOTE]
Enermax has different lines of PSes and typically those that are labeled “Noisetaker” will have the external fan control and the “run on” after shutdown.
When in doubt, Google the model name/number for a complete description.

Got both in by now.

The EG365P-VE is a “whisper” model, no external fan speed control, 20+4 pin power connector, couple of sata connectors, a motherboard variable speed fan control connector (for sysfan, if available), and usual 12v connectors. Mine looked brand new in retail box. Probably “new old stock”, as the 585W model appears to be.

The EG465P-VE is a “noisetaker” model with external fan control, 20 pin power connector (note, you might need a 24!), otherwise like the 365 model. This unit was a refurb with some scratches and was missing the power connector for the 2nd fan so as to hook it up to a 12v supply if the MB does not support that function. The other one came with it.

Both very high quality units and dead quiet, a bargain for $20 or so if you are in need. Unfortunately, they appear to be sold out of all of their discounted “refurbished” units.

The link now shows $20 instead of $10 it was originally. Is there a way to tell how many pins the mobo power plug has for this or other PSU? A year or two ago I bought a PSU which I didn’t need until recently, and I discovered its mobo plug was for 24 pins while the mobo on 5 different ATX systems of mine has only 20 pins on the mobo power plug.

Jf you go to the manufacturer web side you will find this information.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2281863]The link now shows $20 instead of $10 it was originally. Is there a way to tell how many pins the mobo power plug has for this or other PSU? A year or two ago I bought a PSU which I didn’t need until recently, and I discovered its mobo plug was for 24 pins while the mobo on 5 different ATX systems of mine has only 20 pins on the mobo power plug.[/QUOTE]
https://shop.pcpower.com/accessories/24-pin-20-pin-adapter.html
Google the part number for specifications (connector type).

That adapter is exactly what’s needed. I did some more Googling and found one for $2.50.

It looks like enermax is now selling their refurb units from their own site and are putting out some pretty good deals. The prices you see on this link appear to include shipping. That’s right, the EG565AX-VE, a 560W unit is now $12 shipped!

http://www.enermaxusastore.com/power-supply.html

[QUOTE=bevills1;2282441]That adapter is exactly what’s needed. I did some more Googling and found one for $2.50.[/QUOTE]
OK now, no secrets, where did you find it ? :bigsmile: