Endless LeadIn with a LTR-32123W

Hi,

I’ve been burning with my 32123W for 6 months without problems.

I’ve recently purchased a whole pack of cheap 80-min media, 48X certified.

When burning at 32x, the LeadIn phase lasts about 10min. Ths disc spins and stops. Spins, and stops again.

After a few minutes, the burning process begins, and ends OK …

Does it all come from the media I use ? I don’t have any spare CDR to test this.

Edit : I’ve just tried to burn at 16x, same problem … a little faster, though :confused:

It’s fairly certain that it’s a media problem if it started at the same time you first used the media.

Get some other media, good quality this time. :cool:

Hmm … it’s been a while since I didn’t use some good quality media :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’ve rarely seen the drive proceed instantaneously with the LeadIn phase

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]It’s fairly certain that it’s a media problem if it started at the same time you first used the media.

Get some other media, good quality this time. :cool: [/B]

I think this way too,
I’ve had a bad experience with Lead Data CDR , and many coasters during Audio CD copies or MP3 to Audio CD process.
I’ve changed the brand of the medium and the problem has disappeared.

I have a 48125W with Firmware VS08 amd ot wont burn packard bell 80 minute 1-32x compatible cd’s. Its doing the same thing as yours just leaving the red light on for ages yet there is nothing burnt to cd.

Packard Bell CDR 80MIN 1-32x

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK JS-dye
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

Yet it works fine in simulation mode but not in real burn mode?

Must have been that 1 cd because i tried another and it worked fine. I will inform you if i come across that same problem with any other media. Sometimes you get defective media :frowning:

Well I tried some more Media

• Sony, 24x
  • Memorex, 12x
  • MaxDisc, 48x
  • Verbatim, 32x

The problem remains the same : the LeadIn phase lasts minutes (I have a screenshot of an occurence lasting 1h30min), and usually starts or stops in a Power Calibration Error

This happens on all speeds above 8x, which is a shame for a 32x-drive. It worked flawlessly for months, even with scrap media.

I have the same problem with my LTR-48125S, but it is the LeadOut.

I don’t know if I’m a n00b, but when I add files in Nero Burning ROM, it says like 650MB in the size-bar, but when I start the burning, it changes to like 758MB/73:14:35. And then the burning process starts, and it writes the LeadIn and then whole “758MB”-package, but turns on the red light, and starts at the LeadOut, but then it goes on forever, as mentioned above…

But when I try a smaller compilation, like 450MB in the sizebar, it works great.

Why is that? :slight_smile:

But when I try the same media in CloneCD and burns a full-disc ISO, it works perfectly well.

Any ideas? plz…

[edit]
The media mentioned is a Maxell 48x compatible 700/80 CD-R

Try DAO/96 mode, after upgrading to the latest version of Nero.

Originally posted by MrFurious
[B]Well I tried some more Media

• Sony, 24x
  • Memorex, 12x
  • MaxDisc, 48x
  • Verbatim, 32x

The problem remains the same : the LeadIn phase lasts minutes (I have a screenshot of an occurence lasting 1h30min), and usually starts or stops in a Power Calibration Error

This happens on all speeds above 8x, which is a shame for a 32x-drive. It worked flawlessly for months, even with scrap media. [/B]

Sounds like the drive’s hosed. Bummer.:frowning:

Originally posted by alexnoe
Try DAO/96 mode, after upgrading to the latest version of Nero.
I will.

Thanx

It works!! S

Thanx again!

@Fr3gu: What firmware is installed in your drive? I intend to make a list of all firmwares which have one or more SAO bugs

@alexnoe: 1S05

I am having the same problem, with the LTR-523227S. It just hangs there attempting to spin-up the disc multiple times during the leadin burn phase. This happens maybe 33% of the time. It doesn’t matter what speed I burn at. I cleaned the parts of the drive that touch the disc. I have had the drive for about 6 months. Latest firmware, latest ASP, and latest version of Nero.

CloneCD gives the same result, but when it gives up, there’s nothing burnt to the disc! So I can just try again! When Nero tries, it’s burning the whole time, so it leaves a thin ring of written data. The disc can’t be used again.

I am using Taiyo Yuden/Fujifilm brand discs. There goes the crappy media theory.

I’ll try dao/96, but I have a hard time seeing how that would improve it.

Well I brought the Cd burner back for RMA … they gave me a 48x speed instead of my original 32x … and it works fine.

My advice to all those who encounter the problem : bring the unit back if the warranty’s still going :wink: