End chopped off tracks

vbimport

Hi, pretty new to this so this question may have been asked before -if so my apologies. Also I may not be calling things the right names. I'm using Nero, don't have my disc in front of me as it's at home but I think it's 5.4. When I record a cd Disc at Once everything is fine. But as soon as I want to make a compilation, which involves putting each disc in and Nero scanning it, the resultant written cd on some tracks has the last second or so of sound cut off. The sound is still at an audible level at modest volumes. The length of pause between tracks seems to be irrelevant- 4 secs, 2 secs, 0 secs, still does it. It's noticeable that when the tracks required are dragged across to the left window, on the ones where this happens on the written cd the track timing is a second or 2 less than that for the original shown in the right window. This I can then verify by putting the written cd in my cd player, and the clock shows that the track is a second or 2 less in length than the original.

Anyone know how I can get rid of this effect so I get the whole track and don't end up with a cd which sounds like it's been very badly edited?

Many thanks

I dotn knwo the reason or a fix, but i have experienced this too with nero and other programs (the crap EZ CD Creator)

whenever that happens i just lower the CD burning speed.
Always fixes it.

Someone like future proof or game freak will be able to tell you the exact reason, but a few things to try are these

Lower the burn speed
Upgrade the firmware of your burner.
Change media (and try the original speed, so you can see if its the speed of the burner or quality of the media) if its still chopped off, then try a slower speed.

good luck.

Thanks Huzzy, I’ll try these

[B]I dotn knwo the reason or a fix, but i have experienced this too with nero and other programs (the crap EZ CD Creator)

whenever that happens i just lower the CD burning speed.
Always fixes it.
[/B]

What speed do you usually lower it to, and what burner are you using?

Using a Ricoh mp7200

lower it to something like 4x.

To anyone else who’s having the same problem using Nero, what I discovered last night is that if you save your tracks to your hard disc first when making your compilations, you do get the whole of the track. It only seems to be “on the fly” that the chopping problem occurs. It might take a little longer, but it’s worth it if you don’t want that bloody awful sounding cut-off.

i think its a general rule never to copy on the fly…it sucks.

but try it again anyways, and this time lower the write speed and read speed to 4x.

id be interested to see if this fixes it.

cheers