Encoding takes hours?

vbimport

Hi! First post but I hope to be a part of the forums :open_mouth: First off by let me start by saying I do not have this burning software I just cant find the right forum this thing is huge! I plan to be burning a lot of dvds in the future, but this is ridiculous… I’m trying to burn Iron Man, its 805mb, on to a dvd using Windows Dvd Maker. Tell me why it takes 2 hours to encode? It goes up by a decimal of a % every minute… Its crazy… If anyone could let me know whats goin on or how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it! My computer is only about 3 months old (2.2ghz dual core, 3gig of ram).
Thanks!!!

Edit: It is a .AVI is that why its taking so long possibly?

[quote=Abram_J;2138817]Hi! First post but I hope to be a part of the forums :open_mouth: First off by let me start by saying I do not have this burning software I just cant find the right forum this thing is huge! I plan to be burning a lot of dvds in the future, but this is ridiculous… I’m trying to burn Iron Man, its 805mb, on to a dvd using Windows Dvd Maker. Tell me why it takes 2 hours to encode? It goes up by a decimal of a % every minute… Its crazy… If anyone could let me know whats goin on or how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it! My computer is only about 3 months old (2.2ghz dual core, 3gig of ram).
Thanks!!!

Edit: It is a .AVI is that why its taking so long possibly?[/quote]
The correct forum to post this question in would be
The CopytoDVD Movie Forum:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/ I will move it there now. You say its a .avi file, why its taking 2 hours could be alot of things , I would have to see the specs of your computer and exactly what file it is.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2138838]The correct forum to post this question in would be
The CopytoDVD Movie Forum:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/ I will move it there now. You say its a .avi file, why its taking 2 hours could be alot of things , I would have to see the specs of your computer and exactly what file it is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for moving it. I heard now after ALLLL day of searching that its converting the .avi into something that dvd’s can read… but it doesnt make sense because I have a a brand new computer… 2.2ghz dual core proccesor, 3 gigs of ram… Someone told me to get WinAvi and convert the avi to a dvd format but all it did was make an empty audio folder and a video folder with random files in it (that equaled about 1.6gigs). Im so confused… :frowning:

Try a program called ConvertXtoDVD3, from VSO, it converts .avi files to compliant DVDs you can play in your standalone DVD Player.

[QUOTE=Abram_J;2138961] but all it did was make an empty audio folder and a video folder with random files in it (that equaled about 1.6gigs). Im so confused… :([/QUOTE]

A compliant DVD is composed of an empty Audio_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder with VOB files and IFO files.

Sounds like you had it done. What you do after that is burn them to a blank DVD…

(athough, it seems a bit suspect in terms of where you got the avi if you don’t know how to turn it back into a compliant DVD :cop: Downloading or acquiring movies that aren’t yours in sketchy at best in many locations)

[QUOTE=anjilslaire;2139015]A compliant DVD is composed of an empty Audio_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder with VOB files and IFO files.

Sounds like you had it done. What you do after that is burn them to a blank DVD…

(athough, it seems a bit suspect in terms of where you got the avi if you don’t know how to turn it back into a compliant DVD :cop: Downloading or acquiring movies that aren’t yours in sketchy at best in many locations)[/QUOTE]

I think the last part is best left to the MODs to inform the OP. I used Convertxtodvd like alan but not as much just to test and play around and it seem to work alot better then winavi. That just my test and usage of ConvertXtoDVD is a good paid program for what it’s worth.

[QUOTE=anjilslaire;2139015]A compliant DVD is composed of an empty Audio_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder with VOB files and IFO files.

(athough, it seems a bit suspect in terms of where you got the avi if you don’t know how to turn it back into a compliant DVD :cop: Downloading or acquiring movies that aren’t yours in sketchy at best in many locations)[/QUOTE]

Hmm… Well I actually did try to burn it to a cd but I didnt put the empty Audio_TS in it and it didnt work… Dvd player said “Wrong Disc”. Is that because I didnt put the Audio_TS? Btw - I resent that criminal accusation!

[QUOTE=Abram_J;2139501]Hmm… Well I actually did try to burn it to a cd but I didnt put the empty Audio_TS in it and it didnt work… Dvd player said “Wrong Disc”. Is that because I didnt put the Audio_TS? Btw - I resent that criminal accusation![/QUOTE]

No one knows :confused:

Resent it all you like. Ironman as an 800Mb AVI is clearly pirated and no-one should help you. Buy the DVD instead and we’ll help you.

Or, if you [B]DO [/B]own the DVD, simply rip it again instead of convertintg it from AVI (whch will indeed take hours).

Regards

[quote=Abram_J;2138817]Hi! First post but I hope to be a part of the forums :open_mouth: First off by let me start by saying I do not have this burning software I just cant find the right forum this thing is huge! I plan to be burning a lot of dvds in the future, but this is ridiculous… I’m trying to burn Iron Man, its 805mb, on to a dvd using Windows Dvd Maker. Tell me why it takes 2 hours to encode? It goes up by a decimal of a % every minute… Its crazy… If anyone could let me know whats goin on or how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it! My computer is only about 3 months old (2.2ghz dual core, 3gig of ram).
Thanks!!!

Edit: It is a .AVI is that why its taking so long possibly?[/quote] The movie Ironman is a copyrighted file. We do not ususally help people that download .avi files and do not own the disc, that said without proof that you do not own the disc, enough has been posted here to help you.:cop: