Encoding FPS issue

vbimport

When I start to rip my DVD (using the latest version) the encoding FPS starts out at a decent 20.sumthing, then quickly drops to 12 and within the minute the disk stops spinning and the encoding fps reaches 0.00

I have plenty of RAM (4gb) and plenty of HDD space…can anyone help me with this? I’m just using the default settings with it.

Thanks in advanced

hi,

I need more information about your problem, which profile is your using, and in the last, the fps is alwasy 0.00, and the running progress is never end ?

Where is the green progress bar (what %) when the encoding goes to 0.00fps? Does this DVD play OK?

the green progress bar stops at .5%, it doesn’t get very far…i’m using dvdfab 5 platnium, and yes, the dvd works fine

I also get this problem (am using 5.0.8.5).

I can narrow it down a little more.

It only happens on a particular DVD which has a mix of PCM/2 and AC-3/2 sound tracks. The AC-3/2 titles convert just fine using generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy, but the PCM/2 titles hang as described on 0.5%.

The problem can be worked around by using generic.avi.xvid.mp3, but I would prefer to not convert the audio to MP3. So not a workaround I’m happy with.

Looking through a few older posts from earlier this year seems to suggest that the problem is not new.

Can anyone suggest anything that might fix the DVDFab hang at 0.5%?

Thanks.

Has everyone with problems tried v5.0.8.8 beta?

Hi,

I can confirm that I have no joy using DVD to Mobile with 5.0.8.8 either.

And I repeat it only seems to fail for PCM/2 titles using an “audiocopy”, e.g. “generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy”.
If I try “generic.avi.xvid.mp3” then that works fine. And it also works fine for AC-3/2 tracks in either audiocopy or mp3.

I presume that this is a bug in the software given that just about every other part of DVDFab works perfectly?

I’ve attached a small screenshot of the FPS at 0.0 and the task hung at 0.5%. As I’ve been typing this message I left DVDFab running, but no change in the progress after 15mins, i.e. it is still hung at 0.5%.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Robrrr;2114473]Hi,

I can confirm that I have no joy using DVD to Mobile with 5.0.8.8 either.

And I repeat it only seems to fail for PCM/2 titles using an “audiocopy”, e.g. “generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy”.
If I try “generic.avi.xvid.mp3” then that works fine. And it also works fine for AC-3/2 tracks in either audiocopy or mp3.

I presume that this is a bug in the software given that just about every other part of DVDFab works perfectly?

I’ve attached a small screenshot of the FPS at 0.0 and the task hung at 0.5%. As I’ve been typing this message I left DVDFab running, but no change in the progress after 15mins, i.e. it is still hung at 0.5%.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i dont know if this will help i am using dvdfab6 i was having problems encoding dvd as well, fps droped to 0 almost imediatley progress stoped at 0.01% looked allover for a fix without any look
changed settings
make sure “TURBO CPU” is enabled
i changed “memory amount used for converting” i use max but this [B][U]WILL USE 100% cpu[/U][/B]
hope this helps