Enclosure for GSA-H22L

vbimport

Hello,
I just bought a LG GSA-H22L today to use with my laptop. I also need to buy an external enclosure, any recommendations?
Would the Vantec NST-525UF enclosure be suitable for this burner?
Thanks

Sorry I don’t know the model you mention.

I can recommend as reliable 5.25 USB 2.0 enclosures:

Termaltake SilverRiver 5.25 (A2173)
Akasa Integral 5.25 AK-EN-03SL

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I bought the Akasa case, and i get only a 12mbps burst on cd-dvd speed. What’s wrong?

I’m sorry if this is the wrong thread, cause i’m using in the case, the dvd-rom from asus.
I had before the samsung burner, and he didn’t get pass 12mbps also… don’t understand why if you recommend this case.

Bump

It’s a USB bridge chipset limitation in the Akasa case. There isn’t much you can do about it except to get another case with a newer USB chipset.

Any recomendation on the case?

Not sure what cases are available to you in Portugal, but I believe the latest NEC and Cypress-AT2+ should be able to handle the H22L speeds. So you may want to see if you can open the case up before purchasing, or at least make sure you can return/exchange it with the store/supplier if it doesn’t work out.

Tks
BTW is this one any good? http://www.globaldata.pt/index.aspx?p=ProdDetail&ProdId=2184
I just need the external case to reach up to 12x dvd.
tks

I don’t see any specifications about what USB bridge chip is used in the box. Perhaps you may want to contact AC Ryan and ask them directly. The type of USB bridge chip should be the priority in finding a case, and then its looks.

FYI, I stuck a LG GSA-H22N in an INOi DW560 enclosure and it works great… It did not work so good with my Plextor PX-716A. It’s made of plastic and kinda reminds me of an old Commodore 1541 floppy drive. Not bad and pretty cheap.

Hello Micky46
Since I am looking for the same LG H62L product for a desktop can you tell me where you bought it ? (if you did in Europe I mean and not in the States or Canada)
Thanks
GMMM47

The Vantec Nexstar DX that I have uses the AT2+ chipset. Works well with the Lite-on LH-201AP that is installed. I haven’t checked the burst rate yet but it writes at 16x without an issue.