"enable Pathplayer message?"

every so often when I am backing up a bought movie using Fab Platinum[ latest version 4.0.1.2] the process stops and a big screen message " this dvd appears to be copy protected.
you need to enable pathplayer… do you want to enable now?" [ not verbatim but similar message].
at this point the process has to start over including the message that previous files need to be deleted before starting the rip again.

Is this supposed to happen this way?
in my settings, I have Enable Pathplayer when necessary.
I thought the pathplayer would seemlessly do this without the stop, message, and start over again…
are my pathplayer settings right?
thank u…

I think users are still feeling all this out…I know I am. I suspect the same is true for Fengtao, as new as this technology is.
Until the last few days, I had PP disabled and only enabled it when necessary, which was pretty darn seldom.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with PP’s new features such as [B]Change DVD playback order > Jump to main title when disc inserted > Remove annoying PGCs (like FBI warnings),[/B] and in particular, Full Disc.
PP has to be enabled for these features.

You currently have it set at the default setting. Nothing wrong with that, but I’d recommend that you experiment a bit and find what works best for you, depending on the movie and what you want.

I’ve had a few glitches, but no failures and I’ve never received the prompt/warning that you did. I doubt that you’re doing anything wrong.

Sorry, I don’t think I really answered your question. For me, tinkering with this stuff is fun…at least when it works…:bigsmile:

Hope this helps, just my 2 cents.

I think this is normal for certain movies. If you “enable always” PathPlayer in Common Settings, you will never get this message but will have longer analysis times. If you disable PathPlayer, you will never get the message, but some discs may error out or report read errors (but the initial analysis will be faster). The middle “If Necessary” setting is designed to give you the fast analysis and the message so that you can reconfigure to run PathPlayer if DVDFab thinks the title requires it. If I read good friend maineman’s comments right, I think he and I agree that the added features (the “jump to” and “remove” features) alone make the slightly slower analysis worth it. Each user will have different preferences depending on the type of backups they make.

Good info from all of you…
thanks…
another question:

the “jump to” and “remove” features) alone make the slightly slower analysis worth it. Each user will have different .,

doesn’t just doing the main movie do the same?
it starts at the movie beginning and dumps previews or xtras… or is this to “handpick” so as to dump prieviews and keep xtras for example?

[QUOTE=rago88;1937438]
Is this supposed to happen this way?
in my settings, I have Enable Pathplayer when necessary.
I thought the pathplayer would seemlessly do this without the stop, message, and start over again…
are my pathplayer settings right?
thank u…[/QUOTE]

Hi rago88 and happy Thanksgiving
When you have “Enable Pathplayer when necessary”…the program starts with it turned off and if Pathplayer is neededthen the program will enable it and for Pathplayer to do it’s job it needs to read the disc at the starting point and not from the file that as already been copied …which means any file that has been made will be replaced.
You can “Disable Pathplayer” so this does not happen and enable it only when you are having trouble :cool:

[QUOTE=rago88;1937517]doesn’t just doing the main movie do the same?
it starts at the movie beginning and dumps previews or xtras… or is this to “handpick” so as to dump prieviews and keep xtras for example?[/QUOTE]

yes main movie does the same. however maineman is using the full disc mode. this way the entire disc can be backed up to dvd9 with the fbi warnings removed and the main movie played automatically.

troy

ok…

think me gots it now…
thanks for all the info…