Enable jitter correction with nero6/nerovision and pioneer 106d?

vbimport

hope i choose rite forum but just got my pioneer 106d rw-+ last nite and removed my plextor 2410a cdrw leaving my toshiba m1612 dvdrom (based on responses as it rips way faster then the 106d for dvd’s).

anyhow when copying last nite for first time i see nero 6 had the “jitter correction” choice available and unchecked and available to check if i wanted it in both nerovision and nero burning rom.
previously with my plexwriter 2410a it was checked and greyed out, so i assumed because jitter correction was taken care of via the plextor.

so do i check “jitter correction” when burning in nerovision and nero?
if so do i always leave it checked for ALL burns it is available for like dvd video and audio and data if its available?

thanx

Originally posted by chevysales
if so do i always leave it checked for ALL burns it is available for like dvd video and audio and data if its available?

Jitter correction only concerns audio data.

You shouldn’t need to enable it. Otherwise it would be a very bad drive.
If you don’t have jitter problems, don’t enable that option. The hardware will take care of jitter.

you see the hardware i have.
funny as with my plextor it was not available to me to check.

and the option is there when i have been copying some concerts on dvd.

thank you for your reply i appreciate it.

Originally posted by chevysales
funny as with my plextor it was not available to me to check.

Probably because Ahead have tested the Plextor extensively, and they were sure that Plextor doesn’t need jitter correction.

It’s impossible to read data with errors. If there are errors a warning would be shown.

On the other hand, it’s possible to read audio with errors, like jitter errors.

thanx