Enable DXVA Acceleration checkbox greyed out

Hello everyone,

Being a new guy, I’d just like to say a big hello to everyone.

Can anyone help explain to me why the “Enable DXVA Acceleration” checkbox under the General/Preview is greyed out? I’m not too sure I even understand the difference between" Internal" and “Directshow”. I could understand if the “DXVA” option in “GPU Acceleration” was also greyed out but it’s available (loving CUDA on GTX280 BTW :iagree:).

While I’m at it, what would you guys recommend for “Memory amount used for converting”? (i7@ 4Ghz w/ 6Gbs)

[QUOTE=raisinlove;2448597]Hello everyone,

Being a new guy, I’d just like to say a big hello to everyone.

Can anyone help explain to me why the “Enable DXVA Acceleration” checkbox under the General/Preview is greyed out? I’m not too sure I even understand the difference between" Internal" and “Directshow”. I could understand if the “DXVA” option in “GPU Acceleration” was also greyed out but it’s available (loving CUDA on GTX280 BTW :iagree:).

While I’m at it, what would you guys recommend for “Memory amount used for converting”? (i7@ 4Ghz w/ 6Gbs)[/QUOTE]

Hi raisinlove
Welcome to the forum :flower:

What operating system are you running ? also can you please provide the spec’s of your system…ie…Motherboard and Graphics card and CPU.

The DXVA([B]D[/B]irect[B]X[/B] [B]V[/B]ideo [B]A[/B]cceleration) could be grayed out because your system does not support it due to something not installed, not what or how much you know about it so maybe read this-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX_Video_Acceleration

As far as the difference between Internal and DirectShow if your system supports DirectShow you may find it to be a better choice.

[B]SJ[/B]

I’m currently running Windows 7 RC build 7100

i7 920 D0 @ 4Ghz w/ Turbo & HT
EVGA SLI LE
3x2Gigs Patriot Viper DDR3 @ 1140Mhz 6-6-6-20
EVGA GTX 280
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black (RAID 0)
Corsair 750W PSU

I remember CUDA being greyed out once. DXVA preview acceleration was available at that time. I installed the 190.38 Nvidia drivers to enable CUDA. If I’m right, DXVA greyed out after that. I’m still able to select DXVA for encoding though.