eMule rating system

If you are familiar with the eMule client, can you take a shot at explaining the rating system to me?

I’ve read the FAQ on www.emule-project.net, but it got me stumped. Are high multipliers good or bad? What do they affect? etc. etc.

Regards,
Dan

Im pretty sure it means if someone downloads a file from you, you get credit with that person, meaning when you try download a file you have to wait in a que, But if you have credit with someone you get priority to the file from someone that has no credit with that person.
I think thats what youre talking about

You might also want to consider Shareaza which can now connect to the edonkey network. And as someone who has been using emule for a while I find it actually better.

Unless your on emule 24/7 and get a massive score it can take a long time to download anything plus you have no control over your uploads unlike Shareaza. Check it out.

(Shareaza also supports the queue ranking system, but it just seems faster to me)

Originally posted by rocky
[B]
Unless your on emule 24/7 and get a massive score it can take a long time to download anything plus you have no control over your uploads unlike Shareaza. Check it out.

(Shareaza also supports the queue ranking system, but it just seems faster to me) [/B]

Thats exactly right , I just wanted to download a 10mb file once and I waited for 5 hours and thuoght Fck this started up edonkey and the d/l started straight away. e-mule is FCKED use something different

Well, EMule is actually a good system if you upload suficiently.

I’ve been uploading a lot lately (20Kbps, 24/7).

I get a lot of “Green happy face” downloads, meaning I got credits.

If I want something, It usually starts downloading right away now. Usually pretty fast too.

I’ll try the Sharazaa thing. I think I downloaded it one time and it was a very bloated piece of crap. But then, I’m not sure it was Sharazaa.

Thanks for the tip, guys (maybe girls?)…

it depends on the credit systeem you use
(standard or lovelace)

simple:
higher uploads and more slots means that you get more points

happy greenfaces also means that you can join the queue of that person

you only get credits with the people that download off you. When i used emule all i was doing was uploading day after day NOT ONCE did a download start for me. edonkey is way better for downloading but it doesn’t have anywhere near as many features as emule or emule plus

i have an upload of approx 20kb/s at the moment devided over 2 to 4 slots.
My credit file is so huge at the moment that i reach 50kb/s and up at the moment. *last week ; a few days between 80kb and 120kb/s

The best way to get credits is to keep your stuff shared for a long time. Don’t download and then burn what ever it is you download. But keep it shared for 2 to 4 weeks.
Also it is important that your dl/ul ratio is not to high. With out allowing a good upload (10kb/s and up) you never will get enough credits

I reformat too much to ever build up much credit, but it works pretty fast for me nonetheless.

@slayerking - Edonkey never offered spectacular download speeds for me. In fact, last time I used the hybrid (.44 I think) it was sucking it up big time. Back a year or so ago Edonkey 61 ruled, with open source emule now there are many leecher clients available too.:frowning: . I really like emuleplus, but I usually stick to the base client.

haven’t been using emule much in the past couple months though, my ISP started capping bandwidth so I have to cut back:bigsmile:

i used to use edonkey - never got into emule though :stuck_out_tongue: - never gave me what i was looking for. edonkey maxed out my connect (the 60kbps range at the time), and has only hit 120 or so on the cable. kazaa is too convenient now.

kazaa is not bad…but the content is not as good as emule/edonkey

@BadreligionPR
the credit file can be backed up, and it is compatible with other mods also

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
@slayerking - Edonkey never offered spectacular download speeds for me. In fact, last time I used the hybrid (.44 I think) it was sucking it up big time. Back a year or so ago Edonkey 61 ruled, with open source emule now there are many leecher clients available too.:frowning: . I really like emuleplus, but I usually stick to the base client.

I like emule plus too, But I have credits coming out my @#$% and can never download anything and when it does finally start to download something the person it starts off disconnects and stops it :a

do you guys update the servers daily?

I do whenever I use it. I use the one from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html . I turned it on for about 6 hours yesterday and I kept getting messages about a leecher mod, then I got 2 telling me I’ve been banned for stealing user hashes:( . (using 28b base)

@ckin2001 - Are you serious??? I do a search for songs on Kazaa, there’s always one real file, then half are fakes, and the other half have only 1 source, and to top it off they’re all 128kbps mp3s. Not what most people are looking for these days. Also getting a source that goes fast seems to be a problem, it drops them like flies.

what mod do you use??

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
(using 28b base)

How would the concept of EDonkey leechers work?

It seems like most of the time you got to wait in a line that goes half-way across the world…

Well the classic leecher just didn’t use the UL : DL ratio all ED2K clients have enforced before, i.e. you can set UL to 1 and DL to max. The new one apparently spams people and steals their credits. I went searching about the banned messages and there’s an uproar about it at the emule site.
http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=20365

yes i saw “28b base”

normally that is used…when the mode is "based"on 28b

but ok…you don’t use a mod…but the official 28b

better try a mod…they have build in options against leechers

im serious - but i dont download music off kazaa. thats dumb :wink:

why else would winmx work?