Emulation software detected on Rosetta Stone

Hello,

I just purchased Rosetta Stone (German) 2.1.5.3A and cannot run it because it is detecting emulation software on my computer. I don’t really care to uninstall my software since I do use it on a regular basis. Colony XXL v 2.0.1.5 reports SafeDisc v2.9. In addition to Colony XXL, I am running:

• CloneCD 4.2.0.2
  • Nero Burning Rom 5.5.9.0
  • Media Monkey 2.5.5.998
  • Windows Media Player 9

These are the only apps I can think of that might have some type of emulation software in them. As for hardware, I have:

• Plextor Plexwriter PX-W1210A
  • Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1712

Is there a way to get around un-installing these apps from my computer? If not, I may be returning Rosetta Stone unfortunately. :sad: I had this problem with Rome Total War also and have not found a way to get around the problem.

Thanks!
S.

Unistall CloneCD and Nero’s virtual drive (if it already existed in version 5 I’m not sure) and see if it solves your problem.

Thanks Kalas. I was really trying to find a way to install Rosetta Stone without un-installing my software. It’s really going to be a pain to have to uninstall Clone CD and Nero everytime I want to use Rosetta Stone (I was planning on at least 4 times a week) and then reinstall Clone CD and Nero when I’m ready to use them again (which is not infrequent either). I may wind up returning the software. I also have a laptop but it is very old. Rosetta Stone will run (barely) on my laptop but that is not really a solution since my laptop is so old.

Generally speaking, I don’t like the idea of software companies requiring me to uninstall legit software that I bought legally. That’s just wrong.

For the record, I found, on Rosetta’s site, this list of the following software that it ‘detects’ as emulation software:

Clone CD
Nero
Roxio
Fantom CD Emulator
Daemon Tools
Farstone
Alcohol 120%
Nero Image Drive
Ark Virtual Drive
CD Space

Try just disabling CloneCD’s hide cdr media and uninstall the virtual clone drive component if it’s on your system. That will probably be sufficient.

Also please note that clony xxl hasn’t been updated in years and will not report a safedisc version higher than v. 2.9. If you bought the program recently it is almst certainly protected with safedisc v. 4.6 or v. 4.7. Try scanning the installation directory with Protection ID and let us know.

Looks like Protection ID is showing Safedisc 4.0:

-=[ ProtectionID v5.2c ]=- © CdKiller & [x/xxx]
Build 12-02-2007…
> Ready

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Rosetta Stone\RS2.1.5.3A\Rosetta Stone.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 3992377 (03CEB39h) Bytes
-> File has 1628985 (018DB39h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0241000h
[!] Safedisc 4.00.000 detected !

• Scan Took : 0.688 Seconds

<Edited to add the following>
Hide CDR Media was already checked on Clone CD. The Virtual CloneDrive was not disabled, however. I disabled it and rebooted but Rosetta still won’t run. Nero’s Image Drive is not installed and I don’t have any of the other apps they list on their website. I still do have Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express installed so that’s probably what’s causing the issue at this point. Still, I use Nero often so to uninstall would be a real pain.

As I said in my previous post, [B]disable hide cdr media[/B] and [B]uninstall virtual clone drive[/B].

Nero itself is not the problem follow philamber’s advice first and if nero created a virtual drive remove it or install it without the vdrive.