EMINENT EM-7080 Review

vbimport

I just posted the article EMINENT EM-7080 Review.

A media player is probably the best way to enjoy all your multimedia files, and at this point MyCE is proud to present a review of the Eminent EM7080.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/eminent-em-7080-review-5-31820/](http://www.myce.com/review/eminent-em-7080-review-5-31820/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Can the unit play files from across samba (windows networking), NFS (linux - network File System), UPNP/DLNA media servers?
Does the unit support DTS-HD/MA/Dolby-HD formats which are in the bluray iso’s?
Any stuttering in HD files?
What’s the picture quality like for lo-def avi’s?
Tested on more than 1 TV? :slight_smile:

when is finished the review i had only tested it with one TV, after that i tried in another 37" and it worked fine.
Well i didnt see any stuttering in HD files, from the internal 3.5" drive that i put, and also from my 2.5" 320GB external drive (USB powered) even with blu-ray iso’s.
The picture quality on low definition media such as xvid is general good, i dont have any really low quality xvid to test, maybe it’s time to encode some for testing?

Well i dont have an amplifier that supports HD ro MA but i tried 007 Quantum of solace and the player played all the audio streams without any problem, also in the manual it says that it can play them via HDMI 1.3 so it should work without any problems.

What is the speed of the LAN connection, 100 meg or Gigabit. What is it like playing Blu-ray ISO’s from a home network? This is where I see most media players failing causing stuttering in playback. As it plays BR Iso’s from a usb2 connection I’m guessing it would be ok but would need to know for sure.
GPCD

[QUOTE=GeePeeCeeDee;2533343]What is the speed of the LAN connection, 100 meg or Gigabit. What is it like playing Blu-ray ISO’s from a home network? This is where I see most media players failing causing stuttering in playback. As it plays BR Iso’s from a usb2 connection I’m guessing it would be ok but would need to know for sure.
GPCD[/QUOTE]

Lan speed is 100mbps.
I didnt try any bly ray iso over lan so i cant tell, plus i dont have the unit to do the test.
Well i didnt have any issues playing BD iso’s from usb2 but if you want you can play them from the eSATA port :wink:

Hi.

I have a NAS attached to my wired network but this is almost full. I also have a 1Tb external HDD that I would like to attach to my network and share it’s contents of movies.

I was considering the WD TV Live as I understand that connecting an external drive to it will make it available to other WD TV Live units on the network. But I am not so keen on the design of the WD unit so my question is: does this Eminent unit stream files (held locally either on an internal or external drive) across the network to other units and can it do this whist it is playing other files?

Thanks.

I had no problems streaming all my media from my pc, when i was testing the EM-7080.

[QUOTE=ALCThailand;2542978]does this Eminent unit stream files (held locally either on an internal or external drive) across the network to other units and can it do this whist it is playing other files?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=vroom;2543002]I had no problems streaming all my media from my pc, when i was testing the EM-7080.[/QUOTE]
Question interpreted incorrectly …

1. Does the Eminent EM-7080 share movies, from it’s internal HDD, across the network to other devices? - Can it be used as a NAS?

2. Can it sustain the file sharing while in use playing files?

[QUOTE=debro;2543008]Question interpreted incorrectly …

1. Does the Eminent EM-7080 share movies, from it’s internal HDD, across the network to other devices? - Can it be used as a NAS?[/QUOTE]
    Yes.

[QUOTE=debro;2543008]2) Can it sustain the file sharing while in use playing files?[/QUOTE]
I think yes, but i cant be sure about that since i don’t have the player to test it.

Does it play WMV and/or FLV?

I didnt have any WMV files to test it, i think that it does play flv, but i cant be sure about it, i dont have the player to test it.

It seems it’s the best player in the markets nowadays…

A question:

is it working with an external Blu-ray OD, like this one?

I should be able to read the contest of the disk, and play the disk, but i am not sure.