EMERGENCY! Cannot copy file : data error (cyclic redundancy check)?

Yesteday i backed up my important files onto 3 Data DVD’s and I reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition.
When it was reinstalled, i put one of the DVD into my computer and when i try to copy it i get this cannot copy
file (filename) data error (cyclic redundacy check) I fpund out that it means that the dvd is corrupted, although i used it yesterday before the reinstall and it was fine.
That was like 6:00 yesterday, and i was up online until 11:00 downloading softwares, cleaning the dvds and finding
a way to get those files off.
I’m a professional video editor and i need these files, they’re my lifes work. If i lose them, then im out of college.
Ive used Jfile, DVD Decrytper PowerISO, ISObuster, and a whole lot more and no luck.
PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, ANYBODY WHO CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM I WILL SEND YOU $50 DOLLARS.:sad:

Do you have access to a different drive? Some drives read better than others.

Thread moved to newbie forum. I used our search and maybe thisthread might be interesting for you.

Try Imgburn and use ‘Create Image file from disc’…
I agree with olyteddy, btw…Try a different drive and system…You never know…

I tried a different and a different system, I also tried turning it into a ISO or image file. Please somebody help me! MY lifes work!!! $50 you’ll get !

[QUOTE=Ulrich22;2290201]I tried a different and a different system, I also tried turning it into a ISO or image file. Please somebody help me! MY lifes work!!! $50 you’ll get ![/QUOTE]

LOL!

Buy a GOOD reader and eventually you can create a image using [B]h2image by heise[/B] to recover the content from this wrecked discs…
There is no other way to get data from discs with CRC ERROR!
Also try badcopypro & cdroller.

[B]Which exact media have you used?[/B]

LOL!

Buy a GOOD reader and eventually you can create a image using h2image by heise to recover the content from this wrecked discs…
There is no other way to get data from discs with CRC ERROR!
Also try badcopypro & cdroller.

Which exact media have you used?

Thanks ill try them now, but what is h2image? I googled it and I can’t find it. also, what do you mean by media, the data on the discs?

The softwares didn’t work. I’m stuck and on the verge of failing college, please tell me a solution. $50

I haven’t used H2cdimage but it is what I think the name of the program is.
The first link has some information about using it
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=779990
This is the translated link if it works.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.heise.de/ct/05/16/links/078.shtml&ei=LX8xSsbNAqPQMp3JkbwH&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.heise.de/ct/05/16/links/078.shtml%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26num%3D30
This is in german but put it in google & then select for google to translate this page if the above link doesn’t go to the english page.
http://www.heise.de/ct/05/16/links/078.shtml

[QUOTE=Ulrich22;2290629]…also, what do you mean by media, the data on the discs?[/QUOTE]

The brand name of disc and the speed (8x - 16x) and the type (+R of -R)
-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2290809]The brand name of disc and the speed (8x - 16x) and the type (+R of -R)
-eh!![/QUOTE]

Maxell DVD+RW and Sony DVD+RW

I believe that h2cdimage is gonna work. I downloaded the zip from the website, extracted it, then translated the instructions. I read it over and over, and then i kept trying to launch h2cdimage.exe, but the command prompt window just pops u for liek 0.5 seconds the goes away. Can you help me

Hi,

start Windows command prompt, and then start h2cdimage. So you should be able to see the error message.

Apart from that you should check your RAM using Memtest.

Michael

[QUOTE=Ulrich22;2290860]I believe that h2cdimage is gonna work. I downloaded the zip from the website, extracted it, then translated the instructions. I read it over and over, and then i kept trying to launch h2cdimage.exe, but the command prompt window just pops u for liek 0.5 seconds the goes away. Can you help me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its really your best bet to retrieve data from such errornous media…
Like michael said, its a command promt tool, you have to click START > Ausführen and then enter just “cmd” and you can navigate to the folder where h2cdimage is, then just start it.

Bascially it has a bunch of commands im having a problem comprehending to, maybe you guys could download it and help out out here.
My drive is E:
but i don’t understand the cmd line, h2cdimage <e>: <e>: <l> <filename>

Can you help me with that please

I dont really understand much about command lines, please help me.

Hi ulrich22,

how is your drive connected?

Open up a command window (cmd), then enter
h2cdimage 0:0:0 image1 -i

and post the result here.

Or open up a burnprog like nero or imgburn and post the drive info (ID, LUN) here.

In a “standard” system you have those 4 options:
0:0:0 - Master am primären Kanal
0:1:0 - Slave am primären Kanal
1:0:0 - Master am sekundären Kanal
1:1:0 - Slave am sekundären Kanal

im not totally sure of what your talking about. Do you mean my dvd drive specs?

Open cmd window as instucted above then type in the command as posted above then hit your enter key.Send results here.

Well i posted this same question on yahoo answers. I finally got one response and the person recommended CDCheck. I downloaded the program and wa la, it recovered most of my important files, but not the ones that were unrecoverable because of the bad sectors.

But thank you guys for you help though!