EMC7 CD Key

Hi,

Been using EMC7 for a long time but tried Creator 2009. That was a mistake. I have uninstalled 2009 and completed the Clean Install procedure prior to reinstalling EMC7. Also rolled back IE7 to IE6. However, it tells me my CD Key is invalid and will not go any further.

The key is good. I have the original packaging and confirmed the key on the Roxio registration site.

I am at a loss and need to get EMC7 up and running again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=CGC;2235504]Hi,

Been using EMC7 for a long time but tried Creator 2009. That was a mistake. I have uninstalled 2009 and completed the Clean Install procedure prior to reinstalling EMC7. Also rolled back IE7 to IE6. However, it tells me my CD Key is invalid and will not go any further.

The key is good. I have the original packaging and confirmed the key on the Roxio registration site.

I am at a loss and need to get EMC7 up and running again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You probably still have clutter in your registry associated with creator 2009. If you uninstalled creator with the standard windows add/remove programs, then you didnt get rid of everything. For more complete uninstalls and the subsequent registry clutter cleanup, try revo uninstaller, its free and does a much better job than the windows add/remove programs. Also completely uninstall emc7 as well. Once you have done all of that fire up registry editor and search through for any other clutter associated with either prog, but be careful, only delete keys specifically associated with creator 2009, emc7, and roxio. After you have done all of that then reinstall emc 7, and try to register it again with your key. If it still doesnt work, then your key might have been invalidated, in which case you will have to contact roxio customer service.

Hi,

I assumed it was a registry thing. I tried to install this program on one of my other XP computers and it went without a hitch so the problem appears to be isolated to this machine.

I was hoping Roxio had an applet that would remove every associated entry to their software but I will search the registry and try to weed them out.

If successful, I am hoping I can find the upgrade that followed. I believe it was version 7.1.1.189 or something like that.

Thanks

[QUOTE=CGC;2236341]Hi,

I assumed it was a registry thing. I tried to install this program on one of my other XP computers and it went without a hitch so the problem appears to be isolated to this machine.

I was hoping Roxio had an applet that would remove every associated entry to their software but I will search the registry and try to weed them out.

If successful, I am hoping I can find the upgrade that followed. I believe it was version 7.1.1.189 or something like that.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No problem, glad to help.

The Roxio support forums has detailed instructions on CLEAN installs for both XP and Vista.

Following those step by steps should clean up all traces of previous installs.

Hi,

I really appreciate the help. I have just spent the last couple of hours manually removing any and every reference to Creator2009; Creator7; Roxio and Sonic from my registry. There is nothing left and it still rejected the Key. This is nuts.

I followed both Clean Install procedures prior to this last waste of time.

I have never had such a problem. Everything in startup (msconfig) is disabled as is the virus protection. Yet, I am missing something.

I dread the thought of calling Roxio but that may be all I have left. If a number can be found.

Did you go to the Roxio forums and check out the instructions? I see others saying that the procedure works for them.

Yep, I have them printed out and sitting in front of me and have completed them both.

Roxio tech support agrees the problem is isolated to this machine, Creator 2009 caused the problem and the CD Key is valid. However, they sent me a link to a KB instruction I already had to change the key in the registry. This after they knew I manually deleted all instances of Roxio from the registry.

Argh!

Do these registry keys appear to belong to Roxio?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\RoxSKUAboutDlg.DLL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\RxAET.DLL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\RxMediaShow.DLL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\RxPathsResolver3.DLL
RoxSKUAboutDlg.RoxSKUDetailInfoPane.1
RoxSKUAboutDlg.RoxSKUDetailInfoPane

My quandary still exists. Any more ideas out there short of starting from scratch with a fresh install of Windows XP?

Any help would be appreciated.

CGC