Embedding album art to ID3 tag info of individual song files for itunes windows

vbimport

i have done alot of research to find an add on for itunes windows that will enable me to determine which albums have art embedded in all songs & which albums have the art downloaded from itunes store just stored in itunes folder format for art. I have read that itunes uses its own method of storing album art in a folder structure & not in the song files themselves. I would like it in the song files themselves if I have to migrate to another mp3 player. I have tried various programs so far; icover art, it scanned most of my itunes library but it would always get stuck saying some albums are unsuportted format. I think it would get stuck on my ipod touch applications, so even though in print on the screen it seemed to to everything I wanted it to, in practice it was useless to me because of its problem. I tried e-mailing their support, but have had no reply. I have downloaded & tried to use Mp3 tag, but I cannot figure out how to embed art to all the song files, I have yet to figure out the command. I have been also linked to dougs apple scripts, they look good, but are only for mac OS.

I tried posting this in media monkeys forums & they told me embedding art to songs in itunes windows is impossible, because apple uses a format incompatible with anything else.

Unless I have a need to “embed” Album Art, I just let iTunes handle it…Works for me, on my ipod…If you [I]must[/I] embed, then using Mp3tag is easily achieved…Import the file(s) and ‘add’ art, Right-click file and ’ Save Tag’…

How do I “add the art” that has already been downloaded in itunes but may not be showing up in mp3 tag? I like the images itunes gets, but if I try to save the itunes imported file, for later use to my desktop, it saves it as a bit image.

Right-click the art image in iTunes and ‘Copy’ now open Paint or similar app and ‘Paste’ save as .jpg… Now fire up Mp3tag, import the audio file you wish to embed the art into and ‘add’ new.jpg, right-click file and ’ Save Tag…Done!

how do I clear albums from mp3 tags? after I imported some albums to embed art, every time I open mp3 tag with my external hard drive (this is where I have my itunes library) it automatically starts importing those albums. I just want to do a few albums at a time

If you want to ‘clear’ the list, [B]highlight[/B] (CTRL+A) them all, right-click and ‘Remove’…Just make sure it’s [B]not[/B] ‘Remove Tag’…cuz guess what that action does?..Or import/add another directory…
If you don’t want Mp3Tag to import from your iTunes library, then point to another directory or an empty one…Use the 'Directory: dropdown menu…Next time you fire up Mp3tag, it’ll search the empty one or whichever it last searched…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2479261]Right-click the art image in iTunes and ‘Copy’ now open Paint or similar app and ‘Paste’ save as .jpg… Now fire up Mp3tag, import the audio file you wish to embed the art into and ‘add’ new.jpg, right-click file and ’ Save Tag…Done![/QUOTE]

I tried this with an album, opening it up it into mp3 tag, what happens is when I click on individual songs, the art shows with them, but when I click to highlight all songs in the album, the art box shows up as empty, stating cover varies, so I went into itunes & copied the album art & then highlighted all the songs in the album in mp3 tag & saved tag, it went through all the songs & said the the tag was saved. I did not do any converting to jpg in this instance because itunes downloaded the cover art in jpg form already. How do I confirm that it is actually working? I have about 300 albums to do & what ever I embark on I want to be sure it is working. I went & click highlighted all the songs again after saving art to tag, but the box shows as blank like before doing the save to tags thing, & says; cover varies. I want to save cover art to all the songs in an album, not just one song.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2479374]If you want to ‘clear’ the list, [B]highlight[/B] (CTRL+A) them all, right-click and ‘Remove’…Just make sure it’s [B]not[/B] ‘Remove Tag’…cuz guess what that action does?..Or import/add another directory…
If you don’t want Mp3Tag to import from your iTunes library, then point to another directory or an empty one…Use the 'Directory: dropdown menu…Next time you fire up Mp3tag, it’ll search the empty one or whichever it last searched…[/QUOTE]

I notice mp3 tags only shows the directory from my external hard drive for my albums ripped in itunes & not the albums I originally ripped in windows media player & then later dragged & dropped/imported into my itunes library. how do I get it to view all my albums no matter where they were originally ripped?