Email Notification not Working?

for a while now i’ve noticed that when i get a PM i no longer get notified in my email account…its like the feature went away or is faulty…is this happening to anyone else?

Also…i cant edit my email address…i tried to change it to see if my hotmail account was the issue on not getting the PM notifications but all it does when i press the “edit email & password” button is direct me to this page

i tried this on a few different pc’s and nothing is any different

I’m still getting email notifications for PMs.

Have you checked your Junk mail folder?

Hi [B]Nosmartz[/B]! Can’t find anything special in your settings… are you sure it’s not in the spam folder as [B]DrageMester [/B]says? :smiley: Also, the message says to enter a valid birthday, is something going wrong with that?

yup…that was the first thing i checked was the spam folder…but nothing was there…so i thought well maybe it’s hotmail…so i tried to change my email to another non-hotmail account and it wouldnt and hasnt let me do it…i just keep getting that invalid b’day message…i even thought it was maybe this “no script” i have with FF or just my pc in general but i went to a totally different pc at some1 elses house…just a basic pc some1 uses and its the same issue

i’d be willing to post and flash movie somewhere of this not being able to let me change my email if it would help any :slight_smile: … so know1 would think i was crazy lol

here we go…made a little flash movie of the not being able to change the email password etc

http://www.2and2.net/files/4980922cd4f26.swf

*host is slow so it may take a second or 2

heyyo Nosmartz long time no see. (Bob = rolling56) i looked at your problem video and i don’t have that problem using FF 3.05 with noscript addon.

hiya r56…didnt recognize you w/ your new name :bigsmile:

i’m not sure what it is…ive tried at least 5 pc’s w/ all different browsers/configurations etc…ie6/7/8…opera…dial up connection…someone business pc…a laptop etc…no luck…i will say its not a major thing but if its possible…can one of you mods change my email addy for me? if its possible pm me and i’ll give u the addy…maybe it will kick-start this this pm thing in the butt :smiley:

[QUOTE=Nosmartz;2207641]hiya r56…didnt recognize you w/ your new name :bigsmile:

i’m not sure what it is…ive tried at least 5 pc’s w/ all different browsers/configurations etc…ie6/7/8…opera…dial up connection…someone business pc…a laptop etc…no luck…i will say its not a major thing but if its possible…can one of you mods change my email addy for me? if its possible pm me and i’ll give u the addy…maybe it will kick-start this this pm thing in the butt :D[/QUOTE]

LOOOOOOOOOL. Great movie! Sure helps. I tried it as well & I actually have the same problem. Must be a bug in vBulletin.:frowning:
However, if you just enter your “Date of Birth” before you click the button “Edit E-mail & Password” it works normally. You can also choose to hide your date of birth, so it doesn’t affect your privacy.

Hope this helps!

Could you try again and report if it’s fixed?

got 2 birds w/ one stone…nice job guys :)…it’s working now…i sent myself a message in here and i was notified in my email…I also click’d on edit email & password and it goes right to it…thank you DoMiN8ToR…very much appreciate you & the staffs help :slight_smile:

I actually wanna see another bug so i can make another flash movie :bigsmile:

Great that it works, if you like to make movies, then you can also post video tutorials to help others :wink:

just let me know what kind of tutorials would be helpful and i’ll make them…the only issue may be the host…i’ve uploaded some tutorials to file servers and normally they get deleted off…either due to inactivity or they close down so they’ll have to be one thats gonna be around

ive made dozens for other places online…basic stuff like dvd ripping/encoding etc…other stuff like torrent client usage/settings…there are others but i cant remember at the moment but its a pretty simple process