Email Changed, How do I get my Reg Code

I was an Ameritech DSL customer which got bought out by SBC. I was told by SBC to migrate to their DSL service. In the process of doing this I no longer have my @ameritech.net email address. How can I switch email adresses so I am able to get the new registration code?

I bought this program the first week it was released and am extremly happy with it.:smiley:

Thanks,

Tesla85

Why don’t you go to DVD2One and email the sales team and ask?

ROTFLMAO!:o sales team… thats just to funny;)

2COOL wrote:

> Hi,
> The e-mail address you have on record for me is @.*** This is a dial-up connection that I want to disconnect in the near future. I also have a cable modem right now that I’m going to keep and my address is @.**. Is this any problem? Many thanks for your consideration. Please reply back with the e-mail address I mailed this message with.

[b]I am sorry, but as you can read I can not change any email addresses.

Best regards,
Erwin van den Berg[/b]

For you all,

I recently e-mailed DVD2One to make a change for my new e-mail address and here’s what I got. What do you do if you move and you have to change your e-mail address? There must be a solution for people like us who paid good money and can’t get anymore updates in the future.

Hmmm…I’d have used my hotmail address if I’d known this in advance…!

I don’t understand what the big deal is about changing an email address.

Nothing, but the reason why this is done is that it is a security action from our side.

We get several emails a day with people asking to change their email adress. But how can we check if you are really you?

Indeed only one way, send a verification to the original email adress (the one you used to register).
We are thinking about changing that, but there’s only one other way you can proof you are really you and that is by worldpay transaction ID.
We can check that against our registration database.

Rene

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]Nothing, but the reason why this is done is that it is a security action from our side.

We get several emails a day with people asking to change their email adress. But how can we check if you are really you?

Indeed only one way, send a verification to the original email adress (the one you used to register).
We are thinking about changing that, but there’s only one other way you can proof you are really you and that is by worldpay transaction ID.

Rene [/B]

Hmmmm, that’s a pretty sorry way to do things. So what you are saying is that the EMAIL address is the registered owner & not the actual user?!

Some people choose to change their addys but other are forced to such as the @home failure or the AT&T sellout. What about moving from dialup to cable, etc.

So you’re saying we have to buy another license JUST because we changed out email addy?

Case 1:

If the previous email is still active then just do what you said…
said an email to that address and wait for a reply with the new email address…as simple as that… The process will end with a new email to the new address…

Case 2:

The email is already inactive…
This is even simpler…
Send an email to that address… If you get your email back with no recipent found… then it has been deactivated an you change the email to the new one… If no then the one who told you to change the email address is a cheater…

I think its that simple…

I emailed Erwin directly from the dvd2one site and he responded quickly to my request. I had to send him my address and transaction # from WorldPay (thank god I didnt delete it) and the switch was completed by the next morning (about 2 days total). I am pretty sure I tried to use a hotmail/yahoo account for registration but wont let you. I really didnt think much about my email change until this new version of dvd2one came out. I would have been quite upset if I would have to purchase this software again to get the updated versions.

Originally posted by goober22
[B]

Hmmmm, that’s a pretty sorry way to do things. So what you are saying is that the EMAIL address is the registered owner & not the actual user?!
[/B]

Sorry, but that is NOT what is said!

The email adress in combination with the WorldPay-transactionID and the username makes a valid user!

So if you have to change email adresses and you can provide all these things there’s no big deal and we can and will change the adres for you no problem.

You’ll be suprised how many mails we receive with invalid email adress changes. It is some sort of hostile license takeover i’am afraid.

I believe this situation should be put into the FAQ, don’t you agree? :wink:

why the *** would you change email all the time
think 2wice bfore using an email adress then :wink:
the thing is its kinda weird you now have another email adress and erwin should believe yall then you also have a free copy isn it?!:stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

[B]

Sorry, but that is NOT what is said!

The email adress in combination with the WorldPay-transactionID and the username makes a valid user!

So if you have to change email adresses and you can provide all these things there’s no big deal and we can and will change the adres for you no problem.

You’ll be suprised how many mails we receive with invalid email adress changes. It is some sort of hostile license takeover i’am afraid. [/B]

That is how it read (at least to me). It sounded like “too bad, shouldn’t have changed your addy”. It sounded like you only sent reg info to the original addy & that you were THINKING about using the WorldPay # as a possibility. As one who is changing cable providers soon, I was concerned.

I read it as you weren’t too sympathetic to addy changes.

You’ll be suprised how many mails we receive with invalid email adress changes. It is some sort of hostile license takeover i’am afraid

I understand what you mean. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Xtreme2003
the thing is its kinda weird you now have another email adress and erwin should believe yall then you also have a free copy isn it?!:stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

For your information, I still do have my WorldPay-transactionID and do you think I change my e-mail all the time? I’ve had my dial-up for 5 years and my cable modem for 3 years. It was about time I needed to drop my dial-up as I didn’t need it any more. I didn’t need to “think twice” back then as the the thought never entered my mind but my other half just brought up the subject up a few weeks ago. I already found my answer above. I was just trying to inform the new people coming unto the DVD backup scene that they should now “think twice” about which e-mail to use in the long run.

By the way, you’re lucky I’m in a good mood today. I hate people who *** at me!:a and why should I try to get a free copy from DVD2One when I can just make a backup of my registered v1.0.1?

That’s why i use BigFoot. I never have to change my email adress :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Xtreme2003

As a customer who supports the development of dvd2one by paying for it the above statement bothers me. Maybe Xtreme2003 should “think 2wice bfore” flaming. I was with Ameritech.net DSL for 3 years and they were bought out by SBC. I had no choice but to switch my Email it was MANDATORY and dvd2one does not allow you to register with a web based email account such as Hotmail, Yahoo, ect. The reasons I started this post were (1) to see if anyone has had a similar problem (2) to possibly help some else that has this issue in the future. Im sure if Xtreme2003 were in this same situation he would be happy to shell out another $43.64 to get future updates to this program.

Tesla85

register with web mail was allowed at time of my purchase. I do not give out my main email addy as it is for other purposes and I dont want spam geting there not saying d2o would do that but no chance for anyone if they dont got it. I used hotmail and had no problem.

Originally posted by tesla85
[B]

As a customer who supports the development of dvd2one by paying for it the above statement bothers me. Maybe Xtreme2003 should “think 2wice bfore” flaming. I was with Ameritech.net DSL for 3 years and they were bought out by SBC. I had no choice but to switch my Email it was MANDATORY and dvd2one does not allow you to register with a web based email account such as Hotmail, Yahoo, ect. The reasons I started this post were (1) to see if anyone has had a similar problem (2) to possibly help some else that has this issue in the future. Im sure if Xtreme2003 were in this same situation he would be happy to shell out another $43.64 to get future updates to this program.

Tesla85 [/B]

Yo, yeah yeah ur right if its really true though!
I used my Hotmail to pay and have had no probs…

Alright nxt time i think 2wice bfore jumping on a threath ok?!
still think its a weird case,suddenly ur email addy is changed,you should have known this bfore you used da mail right?!
i didn’t try to flame anybode so relax! and have a good 1

anyways if you can proof it,i think you could sort some out whit dvd2one

Rene

Cool, so if I email in from another address with my transaction ID I can change my email address?