Email adddresses

I have an annoying problem that I 'am receiving mail from a person using my own email address. It gets pickup by my internet server spam web and have no intention in opening any of these emails. My server stated they can do nothing . Is there a solution ? Will it work by placing a block on that address and still not effect the rest of my emails?

I would simply ignore it…don´t open the mails…just delete them.

Why don’t you just change your email address :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=nazy2;2231011]I have an annoying problem that I 'am receiving mail from a person using my own email address. It gets pickup by my internet server spam web and have no intention in opening any of these emails. My server stated they can do nothing . Is there a solution ? Will it work by placing a block on that address and still not effect the rest of my emails?[/QUOTE]
That could be a major problem. Someone might now have access to all your contacts and can be sending virus laden email to them. Those folks would assume it’s from you and open it. It might be a good idea to carefully inspect one to see if this is the case. I would also check with your contacts and see if they are receiving these bogus emails.

Hi,

It is absolutely no problem to put any E-Mail address into the “From:” field.
Using the recipients mail address as sender address also, is a common spammer method. Best solution would be to configure a filter that just deletes (or moves to a spam folder) any mail with this sender address.

Apart from this, it’s not a bad idea to change the password for the mail service.

Michael