eMachine T5212 CD/DVD issue

vbimport

Recently, I wiped a HD clean on a friend’s eMachine T5212 and installed Win7 Ultimate. Since that installation, everything appears to work fne other than the optical drive. When I load a cd, it starts to spin, the led flashed a few times and then it all stops. Device manager doesn’t even show the drive. I unplugged and plugged the cables, tried safe mode, BIOS shows the drive there, but not WIN7. somewhere I read about windows nt recognizinSATA and/or EIDE drives. If that is the problem, how do I fix it?
Thanks

Welcome to the forums Fleurpis.

Are you certain that you have reinstalled all the necessary drivers for this computer? You may be missing a controller driver.

It looks like this machine dates back to 2006, and was originally configured for Windows XP. Is the optical drive an IDE interface or SATA?

Here is the page for the current drivers: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1623 But they may only have Vista drivers, not ones specifically made for Win 7. Vista drivers will often times work in Win 7.