Ellen forced to apologize over iPhone parody

vbimport

I just posted the article Ellen forced to apologize over iPhone parody.

Comedian and daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres was forced to apologize after poking fun at the iPhone in a parody advertisement.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/apple-cracks-down-on-ellen-iphone-parody-29449/](http://www.myce.com/news/apple-cracks-down-on-ellen-iphone-parody-29449/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well, it looks like Apple, has become “Big Brother”. I thought that parody was protected speech? Those asswipes. Steve Jobs can blow my job! Parody this you waste of sperm!!!

[QUOTE=gamo62;2516105]Well, it looks like Apple, has become “Big Brother”. I thought that parody was protected speech? Those asswipes. Steve Jobs can blow my job! Parody this you waste of sperm!!![/QUOTE]

You are Bill Gates

I claim my $5 :slight_smile:

Is Apple becoming the thought police? First Flash, now comedy… where does it go from here? lol

So [I]The Church of Apple[/I] doesn’t find it humorous when Ellen makes blasphemous remarks about [I]The Holy iPhone[/I]? What a shocker!?! :eek:

Corporations and Religions are well-known for their sense of humour, and when they’re combined into Corporate Religion, the sense of humour must be at least doubled! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re one of the Apple Chosen People ([I]Homo Malus[/I]), then you’ll be pleased to know that you will soon no longer risk having to date members of the inferior species ([I]Homo Sapiens[/I]) when this new dating site opens.

For some people, that will be online dating using their mobile only!
Drage, you’re in the Beta, aren’t you? :slight_smile:

So, Roar and all other be careful or Steve “sulky Apple” J. will force you to apologize too :wink:

[QUOTE=BussyB;2516181]Drage, you’re in the Beta, aren’t you? :)[/QUOTE] I don’t qualify. The only apple things I have, is the kind that grows on trees. :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2516203] The only apple things I have, is the kind that grows on trees. ;)[/QUOTE]

Amen :clap:

Steve Jobs is a tool. I pledge to never purchase an Apple product.

I love the iPhone! I like Apple products. I really do not care at all about the brand itself, but i like the style and looks and functionality. But…

I hate their price tags and because i am not filthy rich and need to take other priorities i am not buying them. There are NO apple products whatsoever in my posession simply because i cannot afford them or have noticed there are cheaper products that almost have them same functionality or other qualification i am looking for in an electronic device.

I have no Ipod shuffle, since there are $10 mp3 players that can almost do the same. I don’t have an Ipod Touch, because i already have a PSP. It can do almost the same, except a touchpad.

I also do not like the company. I have heard too many weird things from the Apple company to ever trust them. This news is another weird thing.

Apologize? I always suspected she had no balls.:disagree::disagree:

This also reminds me of when they complained about the MS ads showing how PCs were cheaper and faster then Apples and MS pretty much had to pull their ads. Whats up with Apple, whiny baby syndrome I say.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2516203]The only apple things I have, is the kind that grows on trees. ;)[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap:

:bow:

I agree with the reviewer - Apple’s attitude is appalling… Instead of taking the parody and turning it around in some form and making it a “win” for them, they respond their bloated-ego…

I dislike so much about Apple, I have sworn in the past to never buy an Apple product. But I want an iPad. And not some crappy knock off, they got it right and its a very cool product. But damn, its Apple.

Ahhrgh ! Such dilemmas …

Steve Jobs is a left-wing, power grabbing, elitist, and you can’t say or do anything unfavorable to left-wing, power grabbing, elitists. Apple is Steve Jobs, so therefore the same applies for Apple. Can you even download software to an Apple device that hasn’t been blessed by his holiness? Without being banned from the almighty apps store, or voiding the warranty?

Okay, I have to ask a question:

Do you really believe that Apple “forced” Ellen to apologize, or are you just using this as an excuse to bash
the company?

I sincerely want to know. This site used to be real good (ya know, in the Freak days) and it’s going down the crapper
rapidly.

So, Newman, did you do any research at all before writing this “news” article? It clearly states “Ellen forced to apologize
over iPhone parody.” Well, who was it that forced her to apologize? Since you are so certain that it wasn’t part of the joke,
I look forward to hearing all about it.

As for the rest of the comments here - guys, give it up. Really. You’re just embarrassing yourselves. You sound like a bunch
of jealous children.

Here is a hint: parody is protected speech, you douchebags. Ellen wasn’t “forced to apologize.” But if I’m wrong - by
all means write a news article with, um, you know, actual facts. I’d be happy to learn to truth.

What’s with the inferiority complex? If you’re so happy with your windows-based PC’s why are you posting on a thread
about Apple? Yeah, I know. I’ve used all sorts of computers and all sorts of operating systems and I can definitely
understand where the jealousy stems from. Why not save your pennies and actually try a product instead of bashing it
mindlessly, though?

If you don’t like OS X, you could run Windows 7 exclusively. Me, I prefer to dual boot as it gives me the best
of both worlds. If you don’t like your new Mac, you could sell it at little or no loss - those machines hold their value
remarkably well. Trust me when I say they are worth the money.

Oh, I love the guy who “pledges” to never buy an apple product. That’s kind of like me pledging not to ask Scarlett
Johansson out on a date.

To clarify - the forums here are truly amazing and I’ve learned so much about optical drives over the years. It’s just
that these ridiculous fake “news” articles cast an unflattering light upon the truly knowledgeable members of the site.

best regards,

Ant

[QUOTE=apatrizio;2516308] As for the rest of the comments here - guys, give it up. Really. You’re just embarrassing yourselves. You sound like a bunch
of jealous children.[/QUOTE]Is that you, Steve?

… you douchebags.
Making sure to insult all other participants is always the best way to “win” a discussion! :rolleyes:

best regards
Somehow I doubt that you mean that. :wink:

[QUOTE=apatrizio;2516308]You sound like a bunch of jealous children.
you douchebags
actually try a product instead of bashing it mindlessly[/QUOTE]

You really know how to make friends and influence people. Do us all a favour, please? Roll off your sister, exit your trailer, get into your pickup, and drive off a cliff. Don’t worry, you won’t be missed and I’ll make sure to take care of your sister for you.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2516322]Is that you, Steve?[/QUOTE]

LOL. You beat me to it.