Eleven 20x/24x CD Burners reviewed

I just posted the article Eleven 20x/24x CD Burners reviewed.

Toms Hardware has tested 11 CDRW drives: Hewlett-Packard CD24ri, Memorex 24Maxx / Lite-On 24x10x40, Philips CDRW2010, Plextor Plexwriter 241040A, Ricoh MP7200A, Sanyo CRD-BP1500P, Sony…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2965-Eleven-20x_24x-CD-Burners-reviewed.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2965-Eleven-20x_24x-CD-Burners-reviewed.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

BECAUSE PLEXTOR IS THE BEST!!! my Plex 24/10/40 has never let me down. well worth the money. :4

Not sure about you guys, but I sure don’t care about a few seconds of speed - they’re all the same to me. I think more important is things such as writability and readablility of media and also ability to back up protected CDs.

thats what my plex does best :4

Yamaha? Hmm gotta think this one through…

Plextor is king. The only reason to consider another CDRW is you are too cheap. Not because you don’t know what drive is the best product. Every review on all web sites say the same thing. The drive to compare all drives too is the plextor. And plextor is truly KING!

Okz plextor is great probably the best but what is wrong with yamaha?I cant see a point buying plextor(talking for me) when they have stopped releasing scsi.AND THIS SUCKS BIG TIME:(

hmm. sure plex is the king for sure. bar none. BUT, my ideals or for being able to read (and write) all forms of copy protection and whatnot, such as SD2. thats where i put my money. :d

The plextor actually isnt the fastest in this Test… as for Yamaha? Probs with SD2. Plextor wins usually? reliable piece of hardware… how quickly we forget the yamaha 16x :slight_smile:

I was a Plextor guy until I found LiteOn. It kicks Plextors azz :slight_smile: Last month I upgraded my 2 Plextor 16.x10x40 to the newest 1.04 firmware and 1 out of 3 PS2 games I burned didn’t work or had problems loading, had to go back to version 1.03 Also, Burning PS2 games on the Plextor higher than 8x may give problems on some PS2 systems while I can burn them at 24x on the LiteOn and they work fine, and I burn around 300 discs weekly. :4

I didn’t have the money for a plextor, but I was able to afford a Lite-on. and it’s great. And I have a burner instead of having to wait another month to be able to afford a plex.

what was the name of that LiteOn burner that kicks ass?..

icefired, here’s the info you want, Manufacturer: LiteOn IT Model: LTR-24102B Website: www.liteonit.com

Is Plextor the only drive that allows to back up protected CDs? :7