Elby CloneDVD preview

In case you’re interested:here

It’s in French, but for Babelfish comes to the rescue if your French is even worse than mine.

Judging from the last paragraph, a first beta-download was supposedly planned for the 10th of June. I haven’t seen it yet though.

Can hardly wait for this one. Let’s hope it’s up to Clone-standard.

Don’t believe any technical thing they write, if there are any in the article (i’ll read it after finishing that post :wink: )…according to them, a burner has 2 levels of EFM encoding, and number of sheep = level of EFM encoding it does…

Extraction de vos vidéos préférées, avec la piste audio, l’angle de vue et le sous-titre de votre choix.
=> they write 2 times “the subtitle”, and one time “subtitles” => can it or can’t it handle several subtitles?

I wasn’t that interested in the technical aspect.

As you might suspect, there is none in the preview. Mainly it desribes the interface and the features.

I do wonder why no-one on this forum has had the opportunity to test this stuff. The same question can be asked about the main DVD-related sites I frequently visit (doom9 and VCDhelp).

Weird.:confused:

Depuis plusieurs semaines, j’ai la chance de faire partie du Bêta Test de CloneDVD. Après plusieurs versions bêta privées, la première release publique sera dévoilée prochainement.

=> that is (human translation :wink: ): I have had the chance to participate in the beta test of CloneDVD for some weaks. After several private beta versions, the first public version will be released soon => private versions are sent to chosen people only.

And Doom9 is an english site, so that they would probably not print an article with a french-only software.

Originally posted by alexnoe

=> that is (human translation :wink: ): I have had the chance to participate in the beta test of CloneDVD for some weaks. After several private beta versions, the first public release is to come => private versions are sent to chosen people only.

I know (my human translation-skills concluded the same :bigsmile: ). Just wondering about how those people were chosen. Judging from your previous remark, not only on technical knowledge in the field.

And judging from the screenshots and the authors comments, the software is in English. Only the installation screen is avaible in French:

Par ailleurs, alors que pour le moment seul le programme d’installation de CloneDVD est en français, la version finale du logiciel CloneDVD en lui même sera rapidement multilingue et offrira diverses langues.

Ooops, I read that part too fast :stuck_out_tongue:

One can either apply for becoming beta tester, or any potential tester is contacted individually

You’d have to be extremely special to be chosen for beta testing… :stuck_out_tongue: The CloneDVD software will of course be available in different languages. The install menu is already translated since it uses the same installer as the CloneCD software, as you can already see from the preview.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
You’d have to be extremely special to be chosen for beta testing… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL…

Now the question is, when are we going to see it. Mid-June is here and I’m eager to see what the guys have come up with.

According to Elaborate Bytes it will be released within one hour. See this thread.

Its already out … visit Elby Site :slight_smile: