Eject media after burn?

what is the point of having the ‘eject after burn option’. do cdr and other media have to be ejected after they have been burned? what happens if the media i just left in the drive?

I think it’s just so you don’t have to press the button on the drive to get the CD out. ie If you were going to write (with a pen) or label it.

i heard it is reccomended to eject every time. probably the burner needs to finish the action of burn and eject or something? might be unhealthy to just leave it in there? don’t know. i have it on auto eject anyway.

good question btw.

Originally posted by T-Mess

what happens if the media i just left in the drive?
You’ll be forced 2 do it manually. :bigsmile:

The primary reason for ejecting is Windows. In order for Windows to correctly see the contents of the disc, it often needs to be re-inserted. Blame Bill Gates. :frowning:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
The primary reason for ejecting is Windows. In order for Windows to correctly see the contents of the disc, it often needs to be re-inserted. Blame Bill Gates. :frowning:

Couldn’t you just refresh the drive (manually from My Computer)?

Originally posted by Chriso
Couldn’t you just refresh the drive (manually from My Computer)?

Works some of the time, not all of the time.

The reason i asked is because i have a coolermasters wavemaster case which has a front aluminium door and everytime a cd stopped burning or something it ejected hitting the door and my knee :D. So ive turned all the options off not to eject discs auto. But will this affect my media or hardware leaving the disc in? why else would there be such an option - lazy ppl lol.

rdgrimes has already explained the reason for doing this, which is to allow windows to read the contents of the disc properly after burning it. ejecting it yourself will have the same effect, and there’s no hardware or media quality reason for doing so.