Egg just lost "lowest rating" sort?

vbimport

I do hope this is not an inappropriate topic.

Sometime around noon 7/21/11 it appears the egg site removed the ability to sort on “lowest rating”.

Is it just me? As far as I can see, it is definitely gone.

[QUOTE=damage75;2597107]I do hope this is not an inappropriate topic.

Sometime around noon 7/21/11 it appears the egg site removed the ability to sort on “lowest rating”.

Is it just me? As far as I can see, it is definitely gone.[/QUOTE]

That make no sense what site is it that your talking about??? Very little to vague information to know what your beginning to talk about??

He’s talking about newegg. I’ve never seen “lowest rating” in their sort engine, so you might be mistaken, wouldn’t make sense to have something like that anyways so good riddance.

Newegg, not fully versed on the rules of mentioning commercial sites…

The comment is regarding the sorting of reviews - “lowest price”, “best rated”, etc. It used to have “lowest rated” and now it’s gone; but I find now for only “some” products, which makes it even weirder.

I find reading one negative review worth hundreds of “me too” reviews that says their hw worked.

You can still get lowest rating, but you gotta sneak up on it backwards…

Sort the list by highest rating then go to the last page. and work backwards.

Though I don’t know why you’d bother.

AD

Yo-

I’ve been buying from Newegg for the past 11 years - and I also have never seen a “Lowest Rating” category in the sort area.

Huh. I understand the skepticism. I’ll see if I can find an old screen-shot to convince you it existed,

Found it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220599

That’s Newegg, that’s a “lowest rated” option on the drop down.

[QUOTE=damage75;2597121]Newegg, not fully versed on the rules of mentioning commercial sites…

The comment is regarding the sorting of reviews - “lowest price”, “best rated”, etc. It used to have “lowest rated” and now it’s gone; but I find now for only “some” products, which makes it even weirder.

I find reading one negative review worth hundreds of “me too” reviews that says their hw worked.[/QUOTE]

Yo damage75-

The “Lowest Price” is the one that threw me - 'cause that is only shown in the product catagories area - not the individual item review area.

The individual item review area has:

Date Posted
Most Helpful
Highest Rating
Lowest Rating
Ownership

The product category area does not have a “Lowest Rating”

Would like to ask - Isn’t it counter-productive to have lowest rated items? :confused: What I mean is, if a product is rated poorly, that product is unlikely to sell well because of the negativity, perhaps making it unprofitable? :confused:

If this is the case, if I was Newegg, I would try and pull all those products that are “garbage” by consumers and put a better product in, or just pull it altogether.

Lower might be true but if you ever noticed people still buy from Newegg and still keep buying so losing the lowest rating won’t hurt them by any long stretch. I still buy from them and my experience has been on par very good buying experience and will keep buying from them unless a local retailer has the same product and same price. That would be the only reason I would buy local.

BigMike - That’s it. It’s category dependent.

Chad - The lowest rating gives you a (weak) feel if the product is a dud. You just have to temper that with the facts -

1. Some product will always slip past QC
  2. Some people have no idea how to correctly use the product
  3. Some people are having a bad day and taking it out on their expensive purchase

So in a lot of ways, yeah pretty useless, but I still get a kick out of reading them :slight_smile:

And I think NewEgg is the cat’s meow. (meaning great).

[QUOTE=damage75;2597739]BigMike - That’s it. It’s category dependent.

Chad - The lowest rating gives you a (weak) feel if the product is a dud. You just have to temper that with the facts -

1. Some product will always slip past QC
  2. Some people have no idea how to correctly use the product
  3. Some people are having a bad day and taking it out on their expensive purchase

So in a lot of ways, yeah pretty useless, but I still get a kick out of reading them :slight_smile:

And I think NewEgg is the cat’s meow. (meaning great).[/QUOTE]

I vote for no. 2 and no. 3 as the most likely reason most if not many buyers have bad experiences. But no. 1 does come through but they have reputation to uphold Newegg themselves will do everything to fix and resolve the problem for the buyers.

Ohhh, I see! Thanks :slight_smile:

I like the lowest ratings when filtered by manufacturer’s responses.

I remember it now, I used to use it when I was buying more crap.