EFM Testing Images Mirror

vbimport

Here's a mirror that I created for EFM testing images for who wants them and getting a broken link. :slight_smile:

SafeDisc 2 TEST
http://www.micromaniacs.net/softwareguy/EFM/SafeDisc%202.0.zip

SafeDisc 2.51 TEST
http://www.micromaniacs.net/softwareguy/EFM/SafeDisc%202.51.zip

See ya :wink:

Looks interesting! Where did you find this? Who created these images?

:smiley:

This is just like the max.iso test image, but this is not corrupted and have the hard to find SafeDisc 2.51 test file. :slight_smile:

Erm what do you ddo with these images ?

do i burn them to cdr ? after doing that doing that how do i test them ?

example : how do i test to no if i can do sd2

tnx…

Here’s what you will need:
Unziping Program
CD-RW (Recommanded)
CD-R (Doing the test with a CD-R will waste you a CD-R :a )
CloneCD
A testing CD Writer

And here’s what you do:
1.) Download any one of the EFM images above
2.) Unzip the files to a new folder (any name)
3.) Start CloneCD to burn the image you just extracted
4.) Try to copy the file in the CD you just burned to your HDD (there is only one file)
5.) If copying is sucessful, that means your CD-Writer is capable of doing %ImageName%'s game :wink:
If not, your writer is not capable of doing %ImageName%'s game :wink:

Originally posted by softwareguy
[B]Here’s what you will need:
Unziping Program
CD-RW (Recommanded)
CD-R (Doing the test with a CD-R will waste you a CD-R :a )
CloneCD
A testing CD Writer

And here’s what you do:
1.) Download any one of the EFM images above
2.) Unzip the files to a new folder (any name)
3.) Start CloneCD to burn the image you just extracted
4.) Try to copy the file in the CD you just burned to your HDD (there is only one file)
5.) If copying is sucessful, that means your CD-Writer is capable of doing %ImageName%'s game :wink:
If not, your writer is not capable of doing %ImageName%'s game :wink: [/B]

Tnx man im cheaking it out :slight_smile:

i think my burner is capable of burning all sd2 formats !!!
48125W :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but its something to do hehe :smiley:

well i did both tests on a cdrw !!

and when i went to look in the cd in the folder i couldnt see enything !!

the cdrw folder was empty ? why was that is itt ment to do that ?

butt i could extract with iso buster for somereason it seen the file !!

please explain ? i have a 48125W isnt that full efm encodeing ?
clone cd data base says it is ?

:bow: :bow: :bow: :cop:

"well i did both tests on a cdrw !!

and when i went to look in the cd in the folder i couldnt see enything !!

the cdrw folder was empty ? why was that is itt ment to do that ?"

What do you mean? Was the cd-rw empty or was some folder in hard disc empty? If the cd is empty I have no idea what happened since even if you burn those images with non-EFM capable writer there still is a file on the cd (but you can’t copy it).

well erm i copyed it and the cdrw was empty when i looked in it from the cd but when i used iso buster it seen the file and i could copy it to hdd ?

what are the write settings ?

close last session ?
and turn on AWS ?

i thought i wasnt ment to turn that on i have a liteon 40125W @ 48125W

what are the setting ???

im confused … :confused: :confused: :confused:

AWS should be turned off to test if your writer can do EFM. After burning image with CloneCD open Explorer. There should be a file on the cd regardless if the writer can do EFM or not, if there’s no file I really have no idea what’s going on.

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
AWS should be turned off to test if your writer can do EFM. After burning image with CloneCD open Explorer. There should be a file on the cd regardless if the writer can do EFM or not, if there’s no file I really have no idea what’s going on.

Ok mate tell me if this is correct !!

now the cdrw have been named 12
and when i scan disk it i get a red unreadable sector !!!

but when i go onto the cd through explorer i can copy the file to hdd !!!

is that correct ? or shouldnt i be seeing the reg unreadable sector

tnx…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you are able to copy the file from Explorer to your HDD, that’s mean your writer is capable of writing weak sectors, weak sector are kind of a bad sector, so you may you errors when running ScanDisc. :slight_smile:
The idea is that to see if your writer can handle this type of bad sectors :wink:

thats all i needed to now

tnx mate…:bow: ----------- :bigsmile:

Originally posted by softwareguy
If you are able to copy the file from Explorer to your HDD, that’s mean your writer is capable of writing weak sectors, weak sector are kind of a bad sector, so you may you errors when running ScanDisc. :slight_smile:
The idea is that to see if your writer can handle this type of bad sectors :wink:

I burnt the SD 2.51.x file with my Plex 4012a on a cdrw(without AWS) and I’m able to copy the test.efm file to my HDD, my burner can’t do SD 2.51.x( I wasn’t able to backup morrowind and GTA3 even with AWS on :frowning: it worked only in the plex) so why can it do the test file ?

Try to copy test.efm from your play drive to see what happens :cop:

Originally posted by The Grim Reaper
[B]

I burnt the SD 2.51.x file with my Plex 4012a on a cdrw(without AWS) and I’m able to copy the test.efm file to my HDD, my burner can’t do SD 2.51.x( I wasn’t able to backup morrowind and GTA3 even with AWS on :frowning: it worked only in the plex) so why can it do the test file ? [/B]

That’s odd, I was under the impression that even though the PX-24x and later burners didn’t have perfect efm encoding the AWS option in the latest CloneCD should be able to make copies of the latest SD2 protected cd’s functional in any cd-reader. Is this no longer true? Has anyone else tried it on their plextors with the same results?

Thanx
Vivi