EFM test files?

vbimport

Are there any EFM test file that we could use to test if writer works with AWS? I don't have any SD 2.51.021 protected games and I don't want to buy one just for testing purposes.

well as far as i know all u need to do is check clone cd’s website and it should tell u if it does correct EFM encoding

1cow means it does it almost correctly and 2 cows means it works perfectly :slight_smile:

i think 1 cow means u need to use AWS to get tha backup copy to work and 2 means u dont need to use AWS for it to work :slight_smile:

good luck :slight_smile:

Maybe somebody is gonna to make a test image soon… :slight_smile:

If someone will send me the content of the new weak sectors I will make a test image. I already have A few SD2 games, but none have SD 2.51.21.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
If someone will send me the content of the new weak sectors I will make a test image. I already have A few SD2 games, but none have SD 2.51.21.

tell me what you need (and how i can extract it and what)
a complete iso would be a bit too big :wink:

could you make a iso with 2 files (one for <sd2.51.xx and one for >= sd2.51.xx)? if it is ok for you i would like to offer the iso on my website so that users are able to test their burner.
(and mail me the result :wink: )

InSOMniA

You can create an image by any reading method, then scanning with betablocker 1.01 and finding the number of the weak sectors. Then use a tool called CDMage to determine the exact content of the sectors, and I can put them in an image.

Hmmm… after you make the image, how do you test it 2 c if ur writer write it prop.?

Making a little dot.exe included (like SafeDisc 2.51 check) would be good… good luck :smiley:

The ‘max.iso’ mentioned in the experienced CCD forum is a weak sector test file. A link is mentioned in that thread.

Yeah but we want one of a SafeDisc 2.51.021 or even 2.60.000 protected disc! :slight_smile:
Any ideas on how to make these test files? I have Serious Sam 2 here with SafeDisc version 2.51.021 but I have no idea how to make such an image/file.

I found SD 2.51 test file from www.fileforums.com. I would send it to you by email if I would know your email address. (because downloading them from fileforums requires that you are a member)

By the way, my HP 9100c failed to write it with AWS so it would be nice to know if it is a working test.

What thread?

Could you send the test file to:

Sir-David-Guy@aol.com (with the hyphens removed (to stop spam-bots)).