Effort against movie piracy results in major bust

I just posted the article Effort against movie piracy results in major bust.

For the past several months we’ve been assisting to what RIAA and MPAA like to call the big busts, because of their impact on the movie piracy scene. Media represents this as yet another…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11425-Effort-against-movie-piracy-results-in-major-bust.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11425-Effort-against-movie-piracy-results-in-major-bust.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Reloaded hasn’t been hit ,they have released The Settlers: Heritage of Kings Legends Expansion Disc earlier today.

it won’t stop, before the internet, there were pirate bbs’s (not that easy to gain access too), but people just traded games hand to hand, copying discs and what not. I don’t think they can ever stop piracy. If they ever managed to stop piracy on the internet (which i doubt they could), theres no stopping people from going back to trading software and games with their friends. Its just that back when people that, it was an untrackable thing.

Piracy will continue. I know a guy who buys audio CDs and then burns copies for his friends. As was said, distributed hand to hand. There is no way to stop that, we’ve seen DRM fail miserably when faced with a good CD drive and EAC.

Why are they (MPAA etc.) surprised! They (Corporations, {the 'Money Men"} have crated this 'want it now, have it today", with unlimited credit; never mind the principle as long as you pay the interest: FOREVER, facility! Them with the advertising hooks, that create the desire and wonder why, when their marks bawk at paying through the nose to watch their latest" blockbuster" they go to their street vender and buy a copy for a few dollars! Or download it! Who are the PIRATES here! Stand and deliver! I think I know if no one else does!

According to the police, the groups RELOADED, KNIGHTS, TFCiSO and many more were eliminated, and the leader of RELOADED was arrested during the raids. as far as i know, reloaded ain’t in movie scene :o and the other group should be TWCISO, but they haven’t released anything for a long time now
[edited by n3r0 on 26.01.2006 00:36]

Truth in fact , by journalists, in today’s corporate controlled media world is never an option!, why tell the truth when propaganda is much better! :+

6 billion possible pirates on the planet good luck! Soon after they get power and computers more pirates will come on-line every day!

In response to the comment on someone making copies of audio CD’s and giving them out to their friends… in the US, if these copies are made on a standalone audio CD recorder (not a PC) and the copies are given away (i.e. no commercial benefit) then there is abolutely nothing illegal taking place. The RIAA gave up this right in exchange for a tarriff placed on the sale of blank digital media for audio usage (i.e. which is why they sell blank CD’s “for audio”) – they have already been compensated financially for any incidental copying that occurs. 1992 Audio Home Recording Act Subchapter D. Section 1008. Prohibition on certain infringement actions No action may be brought under this title alleging infringement of copyright based on the manufacture, importation, or distribution of a digital audio recording device, a digital audio recording medium, an analog recording device, or an analog recording medium, or based on the noncommercial use by a consumer of such a device or medium for making digital musical recordings or analog musical recordings.

It should be added that according to this report, the GVU seems to have been involved in supporting warez sites too.

Warez sites are nothing compared to what is on Newsgroups. It only takes a little know how to get ANYTHING you want and they can’t do a damn thing about it. :X

reloaded deals strickly in games as far as i know but im not 100% i wonder how they found those guys?:c

:g don’t know where the news come from…but the guys of reloaded has released some games today…so i think the story sucks…if they where gaught then the release of new games was stopped :d

I always thought that the “group” thing is stupid. It’s like a thief that leaves a mark at every house he robbs. When they get him, they can sue him for all of his crimes. Copying and distributing movies/software/music on the web is illegal, and calling the corporates “bullies” (which is what they are) does not change this fact. So at least if you distribute a movie on the internet, do it discreetly…

You realize of course this is a “make them quake in their boots” press release, not necessarily actual news? Something to scare the wrongdoers, like news reports about crackdowns on P2P users? If you can’t stop something, make the people doing it paranoid about what they do.

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

I don’t think the ‘Group’ thing is stupid. It spurs´a challenge but it sometimes gets childish with NFO’s etc… without a proper nfo or nforce, I usually would stay clear of any release.

I dont think they will stop aids or cancer either, but gotta try ,eh?