EFF warns over harshness of EU content copyright directive

vbimport

I just posted the article EFF warns over harshness of EU content copyright directive.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is warning that the EU content  copyright directive could give intellectual property holders the ability to  punish individuals that infringe their...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7824-EFF-warns-over-harshness-of-EU-content-copyright-directive.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7824-EFF-warns-over-harshness-of-EU-content-copyright-directive.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hey…can I put on my jackboots and go to the book burning…Fortunately the directive does not command the consumer to buy or sponsor the intellectual property of those who want these draconian laws instigated. Simply put, the EU isn’t going to put dollars in their pockets…consumers do…:X
[edited by Sherrif on 26.02.2004 07:09]

Just sent a letter to my local European parliment MP

With this article I would like to say to everyone in Europe that laughed about U.S. copyright / IP laws’ harshness and bragged about their “freedom” from that sort of thing: Welcome to the club, y’all.

In this country (unless it’s voter hunting season ie election time) writing a letter to your local MP is like throwing your dick out the front gate and trying to f*** the world…makes YOU feel good ,but is in fact a waste of time… :X [Swear words removed]
[edited by seanbyrne on 27.02.2004 12:42]

In all honesty I have just about had it with all this crap. I am not a pirate. I want to be able to protect my stuff from damage. But since I am gonna thrown to the dogs for doing that i may as well pirate too. They want to make me into a crook then they have succeeded and i may as well do the job properly. I am never going to buy another game,film or music CD. EVER. Call me the new download king. I am going to use pirate stuff and copy it for my friends, familly and whoever asks. F*** EM ALL
[Swear words removed]
[edited by seanbyrne on 27.02.2004 12:43]