EFF suing US government regarding restrictions on decryption

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: EFF suing US government regarding restrictions on decryption[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/07/eff-logo-plain-300-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/eff-suing-us-government-regarding-restrictions-decryption-80011/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“It’s time for the courts to revisit Section 1201, and fix Congress’s constitutional mistake.”  Unlikely to happen while Congress is run by the Republicans.Â

[QUOTE=paulw2;2778252]“It’s time for the courts to revisit Section 1201, and fix Congress’s constitutional mistake.” Unlikely to happen while Congress is run by the Republicans. [/QUOTE]
They might remember they want smaller government so why are they issuing DMCA…alot of hypocrisy don’t you think. Want smaller government yet they use BIG government to do their bidding.

The DMCA’s “technological protection” provisions don’t mean big government. Ultimately, it means giving corporations more excuses to sue people. Government size has nothing to do with the price of coffee. Also, this suit takes place in a fact-driven court of law, not in congress. Therefore, there is some chance of success, although if the EFF wins, I’m sure the copyright trolls will find a way to undue the victory. If they can’t do that, they’ll simply find another way to control the masses.

In any case, let us all keep our fingers crossed. If the EFF wins, this will be a huge step in the right direction. Section 1201 has been a huge burdon on the public for far too long. Section 1201 is often used to block otherwise-legal actions, especially those that are supposed to be protected by fair use. I could spend all day talking about how bad Section 1201 is, but Kerry has already done a nice job doing just that.

Good luck, EFF! You’ll need it.

I’m just surprised this story isn’t getting more attention around the net. Ten years ago it would have caused a much bigger reaction. Perhaps we are becoming inured to being told we don’t own what we buy.