Editing program to open 2.5 gig file?

vbimport

Does anybody know of a program that can handle (open for editing) a 2.35 GB file? That’s 4 hours of a sterio wave file. Sound Forge, Audicity, Adobe?
Thanks Mike

Depends what you want to do with it…

Im not sure on the limits, but I use a program called Goldwave for Audio Editing and It quite happily opens files of 1.1GB so maybe more…

the shareware version is limited to 150 actions per session (such as undo, save, open etc…) so as long as you keep an eye on the count, and save it before you get to that limit you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

TheRabbi
Thanks for the reply.
I will try that program. I did not like it before, but now I have different needs.
What I want to do is record a 3.5 hour reel to reel, then edit out the commercials, and burn to CD.
So all I really need to do is split it in half, and my regular program can do the rest.
I have tried 4 programs now and none can handle any files over gigs. It appers to me that there approch was why make a program that can open a file over 2 gigs because windows “FAT32” file system had a 2 gig limit, but NTFS can work with the larger files.
Thanks Mike

Well it looks like Goldwave did it…
Thanks again, Mike