Editing Firmware in MCSE

vbimport

I’m using ala42’s MCSE 1.0.8.8. My drive is an Artec VOM-12e18x and I’m trying to add support for:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [M01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

In order to do this I just changed the ‘E’ in CMC MAG-E01-000 which is supported into an M. IT doesn’t work, my maximum speed is still 1x on this media (TDK 16x v.1.3 - I have 50 of these!). I really need to get this to work!
Oh, and in MCSE I can’t change writing speed just edit the info or replace the writing strategy with that of another dvd losing support for that one.

I uploaded my standard firmware and the edited one - please check them out (especiallly ala42)

edited: http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77638

default: http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77639

You have changed a lot more. Try again and just change this single character.
As stated in the changelog file, the artec support was not tested, so it could be that the firmware does not even check the media table when it detects 16x media.

I know, I previosly added support for some 8x media (MCC-04) and some other and these work now. And why can’t I tick on 1x, 2x, 4x, etc. to enable them? I can untick(disable) but not enable writing speeds :a

MCC 004 is a 16x media. Can it be burned at 8x now ?

And why can’t I tick on 1x, 2x, 4x, etc. to enable them? I can untick(disable) but not enable writing speeds :a

The firmware needs to have an additional write strategy to burn at a additional write speed, so simply modifying the speed id byte is not enough to get additional write speeds.

All that I modified prior to this works. I just can’t seem to succeed to add support for this CMC. Is threre something I’m doing wrong? I used an older version of MCSE back then who let me change writing speeds. This one doesn’t no matter what.

Is there a DVD writing (ex: Nero) program with whom I can force writing speed/ select write strategy ?

Did you try to just change ‘E’ to ‘M’ without touching the write speed id ?

I used an older version of MCSE back then who let me change writing speeds. This one doesn’t no matter what.

As explained above, this can only work if the firmware has a write strategy for the additional speed, so MCSE does not allow adding write speeds for most firmwares anymore.

Is there a DVD writing (ex: Nero) program with whom I can force writing speed/ select write strategy ?

No. The firmware does not support this.

thank you for your answers, I will try what you said :wink: