Editing/Cutting mp4 software needed

Does anyone know of any Free programs that allow you to Edit/Cut mp4 files. I have some videos and I want to cut off a little of the beginning and ending. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Have you tried Virtualdub? Or AviDemux?

They both work beautifully.

VirtualDub wouldn’t let me do mp4 editing. Avidemux wouldn’t capture the video.

“Capture the video”? Are you coming from a video camera?
Please explain the problem in more detail.

I used DVD Fab to make a mp4 for my ipod. I wanted to trim a little off of the mp4 file that DVD Fab created.

The “capture the video” comment means that I was able to trim off the excess that I didn’t want from my mp4 file, but the result was sound only with no video. Thanks!

What was the error from VirtualDub??

I start VirtualDub then select open, but the mp4 files do not show up so I then select all types (.), select my file and get the error “MPEG-1 video stream contains an invalid frame rate (0)”. Thanks

Much easier to cut what you want off while it’s in DVD format with DVD Shrink’s Start/End function… and ‘then’ convert to MPG4 with DVDFab…IMHO

Is a correct codec installed?

I am not sure, do you know where I could get that at?

Run GSpot on the file and look what codec the file has.

spam removed

[QUOTE=cleary71;2029180]I start VirtualDub then select open, but the mp4 files do not show up so I then select all types (.), select my file and get the error “MPEG-1 video stream contains an invalid frame rate (0)”. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Try Free Video Dub at DVDVideoSoft.com